Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in the world does Top Drawer Soccer work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How in the world does Top Drawer Soccer work?

Some kids with NT call ups have no stars and no write ups.

Some kids that have accomplished next to nothing of note have 3 stars.

Is there any rhyme or reason to all of this?

I saw TDS ratings listed in NLI releases from D1 schools last week. Colleges appear to be paying attention to the rating system.

Is it a crapshoot?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I saw TDS ratings listed in NLI releases from D1 schools last week. Colleges appear to be paying attention to the rating system.

Is it a crapshoot?
    The more money you pay, the more stars you get. Simple.

Comment

I know a player with stars and I know for a fact his parents would never pay.

Comment

TDS rankings rely on the three local ECNL coaches to develop their player rankings in this region. They are completely biased towards promoting the ECNL brand. Ever wonder why the high school rankings disappear once the kids get to college, its because it shows how bad the rankings actually are.

Comment

Nonsense. Its far from an exact science and kids do get left off. It is the subjective opinion of a few people who take input from their own eyes and a wide variety of different sources.

How wrong is it? go look at the 2018 class. I look at it this way Top 20, Top 50 - the rest. How many top 20 payers are mis cast ?

I am surprised that Colleges quote it in bios, but then again, what else is there ?

Comment

Is it a crapshoot?
            how many kids do you know who have achieved nothing and are highly rated? I bet is very few as compared to the other way around.

Comment

how many kids do you know who have achieved nothing and are highly rated? I bet is very few as compared to the other way around.
              Almost all of the Scorpions players ranked with more than 2 stars over the past 8-10 years. That club hasn't produced anything of substance since the Meehans and yet they've consistently had players ranked reasonable high.

Comment

Almost all of the Scorpions players ranked with more than 2 stars over the past 8-10 years. That club hasn't produced anything of substance since the Meehans and yet they've consistently had players ranked reasonable high.
                So you chose the wrong club and you're bitter?

Comment

Do you think coaches look at TDS rankings to recruit?

Comment

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/spor...062817aab.html

Comment

To recruit, no, to hype what they've brought in, yes. PR is different than evaluating players.

Comment

To recruit, no, to hype what they've brought in, yes. PR is different than evaluating players.
                        You know what happens when we assume

Comment

Just because a school uses it in their promotions material doesn't mean they "use it." A school like Wake doesn't get to at the top by relying on TDS. It's a bio fluff point that sounds way more impressive than it. Coaches see the talent, or lack there of. If anything I see lower level programs using it more often because their players' bios aren't as impressive

Comment

Just because a school uses it in their promotions material doesn't mean they "use it." A school like Wake doesn't get to at the top by relying on TDS. It's a bio fluff point that sounds way more impressive than it. Coaches see the talent, or lack there of. If anything I see lower level programs using it more often because their players' bios aren't as impressive
                            So you're saying you know for a fact the the WF coaches don't use TDS to target potential recruits to research?

Comment

So you're saying you know for a fact the the WF coaches don't use TDS to target potential recruits to research?
                              Any coach worth his or her salt would not use TDS or anything other than the USSF database if they are a top program. TDS uses info from the USSF database. Kids are on the US Soccer radar and may not have had an invite, but they are being evaluated and are in the database.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X