Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nysc

Any body got news on New York Soccer Clubs getting there own fields yet?

Anyone can get a pro team these days

http://www.soccerwire.com/notes/new-...soccer-league/

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Any body got news on New York Soccer Clubs getting there own fields yet?
      I think dreams of expansion and growth for that program are pretty much over.

Comment

I think dreams of expansion and growth for that program are pretty much over.
        Is it because at the younger ages Surf is pushing into Westchester or about the NYCFC announcement? I'm genuinely curious and pretty new to soccer.

Comment

fcw merger fcw merger fcw merger

nycfc gdap w WC = final nail in coffin

Comment

I've always thought NYSC and FCW should merge. But NYCFC getting GDA was definitely a blow to Surf in Westchester.

LMAO that LM doesn't have a club what's going on.

Comment

I must be naive but i didnt realize that there that many parents from lower/eastern westchester or even CT that would drive over the god forsaken tappan zee bridge 3-4x per week for a 14 year old to play soccer?

Comment

I've always thought NYSC and FCW should merge. But NYCFC getting GDA was definitely a blow to Surf in Westchester.

LMAO that LM doesn't have a club what's going on.
                Surf can get it if the want it ... LOL Larry

Comment

I must be naive but i didnt realize that there that many parents from lower/eastern westchester or even CT that would drive over the god forsaken tappan zee bridge 3-4x per week for a 14 year old to play soccer?
                  I am one of those crazy parents. For years drove the DD across the Outerbridge and Goethals to NJ so kid could play for the ECNL clubs. We were even crazier as we started when DD was 7 years old. Don't regret it at all.

Comment

No need to drive the Tappen Zee. Look at all their sites. From lower CT it's an easy reverse commute vs some of the other options in CT that are further north and with the commute. If you've ever had to drive the Merritt Parkway in rush hour you pretty much want to kill yourself.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?...104999998&z=10

Comment

I am one of those crazy parents. For years drove the DD across the Outerbridge and Goethals to NJ so kid could play for the ECNL clubs. We were even crazier as we started when DD was 7 years old. Don't regret it at all.

I would totally do that if it were up to me (it isn't).

Comment

Yes NYSCE is pretty much dead now -they were too worried about Surf when it was NYCFC that just put the nail in their coffin.

Comment

No need to drive the Tappen Zee. Look at all their sites. From lower CT it's an easy reverse commute vs some of the other options in CT that are further north and with the commute. If you've ever had to drive the Merritt Parkway in rush hour you pretty much want to kill yourself.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?...104999998&z=10
                          ROFLMAO!!!! Merritt in rush so so true!!! 😂🤣🙃😂

Comment

Yes NYSCE is pretty much dead now -they were too worried about Surf when it was NYCFC that just put the nail in their coffin.
                            So what happens now? All the NYSC parents rush to bring their kids to WC? Can a club be undone soseriously in such a rapid manner? I had no idea how fast the landscape changes.

Comment

So what happens now? All the NYSC parents rush to bring their kids to WC? Can a club be undone soseriously in such a rapid manner? I had no idea how fast the landscape changes.
                              The amount of last years NYSC players currently playing at WC is ridiculous. I am sure more will be leaving to join NYCFC now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X