Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast preseason camp

Hi...does anyone know when SU preseason camp starts? I would ask the club if I even knew who to reach out to. First year here. Haven't heard a word since offered a spot and told to register. Hoping communication improves eventually but just looking for info on preseason for now.

Starts the week of 8/20, your coach should know.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Starts the week of 8/20, your coach should know.
      Thanks. I have not received any contact from our coach. I will see if I can find his email on the website.

Comment

Thanks. I have not received any contact from our coach. I will see if I can find his email on the website.

If you can't find an e-mail on the coaching links page (some are outdated), always reach out to the coaching directors. I've found them very responsive both before we joined, and after.

One note, while I have had a little contact since roster selections, the pre-season and season training details just came out yesterday that runs into December. So, it's possible this is coming to you within the next day or so....

Comment

Also new to Seacoast and not impressed. No communication but no problem taking out funds every month. Hopefully it improves when the season starts but if they expect my kids at preseason in 3 weeks, they might want to tell me that.

Comment

Also new to Seacoast and not impressed. No communication but no problem taking out funds every month. Hopefully it improves when the season starts but if they expect my kids at preseason in 3 weeks, they might want to tell me that.
            Typically, I find that contacting someone directly vs. ranting on an anonymous message board gains more traction.

Your mileage may vary.

Comment

Typically, I find that contacting someone directly vs. ranting on an anonymous message board gains more traction.

Your mileage may vary.
              Genius! Who ever would have thought it's possible to both continuously reach out to the club AND express an opinion on the internet?

As a paying customer, I should not be pulling teeth to get answers. It's this sheep-like attitude that the clubs love, though. Silly ol' me, expecting a club i am paying a good deal of $ to, to actually communicate dates and events to me without my having to email 4 times and to 4 different people, whose emails are outdated on their own website. What a bargain...paid for club soccer, got a wild goose chase as a bonus. But Seacoast can do no wrong, right?

Comment

Genius! Who ever would have thought it's possible to both continuously reach out to the club AND express an opinion on the internet?

As a paying customer, I should not be pulling teeth to get answers. It's this sheep-like attitude that the clubs love, though. Silly ol' me, expecting a club i am paying a good deal of $ to, to actually communicate dates and events to me without my having to email 4 times and to 4 different people, whose emails are outdated on their own website. What a bargain...paid for club soccer, got a wild goose chase as a bonus. But Seacoast can do no wrong, right?
                I haven't had any problems with Seacoast, but I haven't had any problems with the other club we were with in this regard, either. So, I won't say they can't do any wrong, just that I haven't seen it yet.

Who are you e-mailing? Boy or Girl? Age? Team? I can possibly help. Details are coming in, but from what I've seen in the past is it is somewhat coach dependent. Some coaches did trainings all summer long in the past; some waited until August. I've never gone more than a day from getting a response from anyone.

Like any major purchase, I've tried to get clear expectations at the time of purchase: When will I hear back, from who, etc. Not saying you did or didn't (hard to tell since you are giving details bit-by-bit), but I haven't seen a club yet who left me hanging as we had this ironed out in June.

Comment

Nothing new with SUSC - some of their coaches are notorious for a lack of communication. You will have to "initiate" and follow up on a regular basis. Keep in mind - other than the top dogs at SCUS, most of the coaches there have full time jobs outside of soccer. I battled it for 3 years. My daughter now plays for another club so I no longer have to hunt for answers. One of many reasons we left SUSC.

Comment

Nothing new with SUSC - some of their coaches are notorious for a lack of communication. You will have to "initiate" and follow up on a regular basis. Keep in mind - other than the top dogs at SCUS, most of the coaches there have full time jobs outside of soccer. I battled it for 3 years. My daughter now plays for another club so I no longer have to hunt for answers. One of many reasons we left SUSC.
                    I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.
                      The emails on the website are not accurate, the rosters are not accurate, and half of the SUSC satellite clubs websites are wrong or out of date... what are you not believing about what you are seeing?

Parents of SCUSC have had issues for years with communication with some coaches and the organization pretty much accepts this as the "norm".

Comment

The emails on the website are not accurate, the rosters are not accurate, and half of the SUSC satellite clubs websites are wrong or out of date... what are you not believing about what you are seeing?

Parents of SCUSC have had issues for years with communication with some coaches and the organization pretty much accepts this as the "norm".
                        I said I will believe it when I see it. I've never had anything but positive, timely interactions from DoCs to individual coaches.

Feel free to continue to represent how you see it, and I'll do the same.

Comment

I said I will believe it when I see it. I've never had anything but positive, timely interactions from DoCs to individual coaches.

Feel free to continue to represent how you see it, and I'll do the same.
                          The OP and myself are not talking about communication from DoC's to coaches there Einstien - we are talking about communication from coaches to parents.

Hello - is thing on? Hello? Check 1 - 2 Check.

Comment

We haven't experienced this, but an email with a roster would be appreciated.

Comment

The OP and myself are not talking about communication from DoC's to coaches there Einstien - we are talking about communication from coaches to parents.

Hello - is thing on? Hello? Check 1 - 2 Check.
                              No reason to be surly. I said I've never experienced any issues, from DoCs to individual coaches. Meaning...from the top to the bottom to me (a parent).

Sheesh...anonymous message boards sure bring out the dooshes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X