Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYSC merger

Rumors of a Nysc merger with Beachside of CT. Anything to this?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rumors of a Nysc merger with Beachside of CT. Anything to this?
    You believe what you read on the CT board

Comment

You believe what you read on the CT board
      Sounds like the same one who posted this on BOTN "rumors about beachside and nysc merge happening. anyone hear anything about that?"

Sometimes TS rumors have some truth to them but not often.

Comment

What would the point be for NYSC?

Comment

What would the point be for NYSC?
          Full DAP and Access to lower Fairfield Country parents/athletes

Comment

Full DAP and Access to lower Fairfield Country parents/athletes
            Plenty of FC kids already go to NYSC, FCW, NYCFC and even Red Bulls if they're good enough. BS isn't even that good a DA club. If DA is expanding, as rumored, NYSC will probably get the full badge, and if not they just need to be patient another year or two.

Comment

Plenty of FC kids already go to NYSC, FCW, NYCFC and even Red Bulls if they're good enough. BS isn't even that good a DA club. If DA is expanding, as rumored, NYSC will probably get the full badge, and if not they just need to be patient another year or two.
              Who said it was expanding? It's been said that they will split into tiers

If they do expand it won't be at Full Dap in metro area

Notice that it also said parents. Wealthy parents that will pay full tuition

Comment

Is this going to be before or after the NYSC/FC Westchester merger?

Now that NYSC has their field issues worked out, why on earth would they merge with anyone?

Comment

Is this going to be before or after the NYSC/FC Westchester merger?

Now that NYSC has their field issues worked out, why on earth would they merge with anyone?
                  Easiest/quickest path to full Boys DAP for NYSC

Comment

Easiest/quickest path to full Boys DAP for NYSC
                    I agree with above - they're likely to get it anyway, maybe just a year longer. Merging with Beachside brings them very little and supposedly the BS owner is an arrogant nut. They also don't have their own facilities and the CT board says their attempt to build one has fallen through.

Comment

I agree with above - they're likely to get it anyway, maybe just a year longer. Merging with Beachside brings them very little and supposedly the BS owner is an arrogant nut. They also don't have their own facilities and the CT board says their attempt to build one has fallen through.
                      Not for nothing I have been hearing about NYSC getting full DAP for about 4 years now

A merger with an existing club is the quickest path to making that a reality.

Furthermore DAP has traditionally taken a zero sum approach to full DAP ... in other words no new full DAP until one is taken away.

Comment

If there is any truth to this story, I think an important feature to consider is the present day reputations of both organizations. NYSC has a strong reputation based on player development, integrity and intelligent leadership. The other club, not so much. I would advise NYSC to tread carefully.

Comment

this merger talk is silliness. same as the fcw merger rumor for last 5 years. nysc now has facility, just got U15 academy, looks strong to get higher ages, and a director who coaches national teams. what does merging with a club that plays 2 hours away on i-95 (with traffic) get them. ridiculous.

Comment

this merger talk is silliness. same as the fcw merger rumor for last 5 years. nysc now has facility, just got U15 academy, looks strong to get higher ages, and a director who coaches national teams. what does merging with a club that plays 2 hours away on i-95 (with traffic) get them. ridiculous.
                            I'm of the impression that NYSC has been letting its tippy top players go to NYCFC (as it's supposed to) but lately coaches have been moving over also.

Perhaps, this will give them stability ... having access to additional top quality coaches.

Comment

2 hours away? Right

BS prime base is lower Fairfield county Gold Coast (New Canaan, Darien, Stamford, Greenwich) where it's an easy counter commute (30-45 minutes max) to Westchester

One of NYSC most recent top players, Tyler Shaver, came from Greenwich. He played for BS coaches growing up. He played at NYSC, then BS and now NYCFC

Several Everton CT players made the commute to Westchester for FCW and now NYCFC

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X