This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - Board Look

Because the core software that runs this board was changed drastically and the new security/anti-spam features seem to be working good. I am going on to the next phase and changing the look of the site to match with the new software coding (xml) to allow for easier future upgrades and mods.

Over the next few days, I will be testing the new look to make sure that all the graphics are in the proper place and no other issues are present. If you see anything, please post here or PM me with the location and error. Once this is complete and tested on the live server, I will be able to apply the fix to the home page that adds the recent topics/posts and etc. along with many new features.
    No
    0.00%
    Yes
    75.00%
    Not Sure Yet
    25.00%

Re: NEW - Board Look

The old board had a mobile option where you could view it on a PDA or blackberry. Is this option available any more?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
      The old board had a mobile option where you could view it on a PDA or blackberry. Is this option available any more?
      Not at this moment. It will be online soon. The new board's core software added a great deal of security/anti-spam code and permission checks. This broke the old mobile software because most mobile devices can't process the security code due to script restrictions on the devices. I am in the process of re-writing it to work with this new board. I have a beta version done and running on my test server and hope to go live shortly.

Comment

You really are addicted.

Comment

It is much more difficult to read for those who are visually impaired.

Comment

it would be better with a larger font for the text and banners for each thread. Also some color contrast. Blue on blue for those who are color blind is difficult to distinguish.

I am not complaining, but it is very hard for me to read now.

Comment

it would be better with a larger font for the text and banners for each thread. Also some color contrast. Blue on blue for those who are color blind is difficult to distinguish.

I am not complaining, but it is very hard for me to read now.
              Don't worry, I don't take it as complaining. I take it as feedback and appreciate it. Right now, this is the primary theme/color coded that was designed for this base software. I want to make sure everything is working properly as I bring on other features with the new coding base. Once that happens, you can register to be a user and set a preference for your login to be whatever color/version you like from the options list. If the old look worked for you, you will have an option to choose that. I am also working on more of a soccer based theme that users can also pick and other developers are working on other themes.

Comment

the lines in between posts were better for reading. it was easier to tell when I last visited because each post was separated-----now it all kind of blobs together

Comment

where is the tab for high school soccer- do i have to go all the way back to "florida"- can you put a tab at the top of this forum?

Comment

I uploaded the mobile/pda/blackberry software. You can find the links below until I finish updating the main intro page. The mobile site feed hasn't been heavily tested yet. Basically only with 2 phone browsers (Opera Mini 4.1 and Blackberry default browser). The software works good on both of those versions.

If you don't know what links to use, the links basically go by compatibility. So, try XHTML if that doesn't work, then try HTML and so on. Whatever you do, don't try to click on these links if you are not using a mobile device browser. You will just get a bunch of garbage and code.

XHTML: Designed for the latest mobile devices and browsers (can read all the others)
                    HTML: Designed for slightly older mobile devices (can't read xhtml but can read wap)
                    WAP: Designed for the oldest mobile devices that had access (can only ready wap sites)

Main Board Intro:
                    XHTML: http://www.talking-soccer.com/ts3/mo...php?plat=xhtml
                    HTML: http://www.talking-soccer.com/ts3/mo....php?plat=html
                    WAP: http://www.talking-soccer.com/ts3/mo/index.php?plat=wap

Recent Topic Lists:
                    XHTML: http://www.talking-soccer.com/ts3/mo...php?plat=xhtml
                    HTML: http://www.talking-soccer.com/ts3/mo....php?plat=html
                    WAP: http://www.talking-soccer.com/ts3/mo...2.php?plat=wap

Comment

where is the tab for high school soccer- do i have to go all the way back to "florida"- can you put a tab at the top of this forum?
                      The short cut links at the top and bottom are being worked on. Hopefully they will be done soon, but I have a few other things to finish before I add them.

Comment

Nice work Admin

Comment

Thanks for all the nice work. Let's all help this guy out by clicking on some ads and using the google search portal. Every little bit helps and it can really add up over time.

Comment

I gotta admit, I like the old board better. Couple suggestions I have:

Add "Oregon" to the links at the top (Portal >> Board index >> "Oregon")

Also, I'd like the author's names to be bigger. I have to search (maybe cuz I'm not use to this new format yet) to find who posted the response. I also made the mistake of clicking the save button rather than submit. That took me 5 minutes to figure out where it went and how to send it. I guess I just don't see the need for that button.

Don't get me wrong, I do like change and I'm sure this will just take a little getting use to. I like the overall look, I just don't find it as user friendly yet.

Comment

Okay, regarding my last post. I just discovered the "Return to the forum last visited" link. That's what I was looking for when I referred to it as Oregon. Maybe just list the forum itself rather than "Return to the forum last visited." I think that would make it easier.

See, I told you it would just take some getting use to.

Comment

Working...
                              X