Eastern Washington Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't spokane sounders already announce they were joining GAL? ECNL isn't going to happen if that's the case. Should have tried for regional ECNL over GAL.

Personally I'll be happy if they leave RCL so we don't have to drive to Spokane for games.

Stop whining about moving back to phase 2, Vaccines wasted on Eastern Washington no one wants them. Folks driving over from Seattle just to get vaccinates. No one was wearing masks when we had to go over for a phase 2 game . . . not hard to figure out how you've ended back up in phase 2. King county will hit herd immunity levels with vaccinations by end of May.

Comment

Now the Spokane Sounders Soccer Club announced a partnership with Basin Sounders Soccer Club. Previously known as Endeavor Soccer Academy in the Moses Lake / Columbia Basin area.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Now the Spokane Sounders Soccer Club announced a partnership with Basin Sounders Soccer Club. Previously known as Endeavor Soccer Academy in the Moses Lake / Columbia Basin area.
        Not a bad idea to try and aggregate talent but they are going to have to tell more than a few existing families that they no longer have a spot. Recruitment over development.

Comment

You can be a discovery player for any ECNL team. They allow two per team. You can practice with your own team and just show up to ECNL games and showcases. Best of both worlds. Happens all the time. I know of girls from Hawaii and Idaho that do this for Washington and Oregon teams already.
          Sounds like a good option, but, question for all you EWA parents over there... how many kids do you think are good enough to hop onto a top tier Seattle ECNL team and be an unquestioned starter? Not saying there aren't any, but curious to see what numbers you think there are?

Comment

Sounds like a good option, but, question for all you EWA parents over there... how many kids do you think are good enough to hop onto a top tier Seattle ECNL team and be an unquestioned starter? Not saying there aren't any, but curious to see what numbers you think there are?
            It's hard to say across even just one club. But speaking just for my DD's team, we have two kids who play up a year on our team and are also both discovery players an ECNL team. I'm not sure if they start, but they do get a whole lot of playing time. I'd estimate that we might have two / three more players who could easily play ECNL. We're a small team in a small market, most older teams only have one team per age group. I'm always pleased that they can even complete with clubs who have 50+ girls come out for tryouts.

Comment

There are likely 1 or 2 per age group. Even for those though...they aren’t USYNT prospects so why? Just stay local and play a year or two up.

Comment

Over in Spokane for Northwest Cup. First 2 days have been cancelled because of the smoke and now they want us to play three games in under 5 hours on Sunday. Never again.

Comment

Anything to avoid having to issue a refund...

Comment

Cancelled. I don’t think a single game was played. Unfortunate. Can’t see traveling over to Spokane for this again.

Comment

Hope refunds are actually given, if you read on the Sounders website it states they won’t give refunds for cancelations due to weather or “acts of Mother Nature” I don’t think that will go over well at all, if that’s the case we will choose to never play this tournament again . That said smoke in this area is the new normal for the Inland NW and need to reevaluate the dates these are schedules

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                        Hope refunds are actually given, if you read on the Sounders website it states they won’t give refunds for cancelations due to weather or “acts of Mother Nature” I don’t think that will go over well at all, if that’s the case we will choose to never play this tournament again . That said smoke in this area is the new normal for the Inland NW and need to reevaluate the dates these are schedules
                        I’ll be interested to see what they do. Our manager already said the words “no refunds” was said to teams that were considering not playing before the official decision to cancel was made. They should give at least 90% back. Anything less and they are effectively killing their tournament. I won’t be surprised if they try and convince teams to apply fees forward to 2022 to secure teams for next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

I’ll be interested to see what they do. Our manager already said the words “no refunds” was said to teams that were considering not playing before the official decision to cancel was made. They should give at least 90% back. Anything less and they are effectively killing their tournament. I won’t be surprised if they try and convince teams to apply fees forward to 2022 to secure teams for next summer.
                          Feel for the teams and parents who are out the games and money spent. I'm questioning the rationale of driving hours to the Tyee cup to play some teams that barely fielded a squad. How do you host a tournament and then not show up?

Comment

Anyone who knows the tournament director knows they will do anything they can not to give refunds, Sounders set up partnerships with local clubs to support one another and enter each other tournaments, first local tournaments couple weeks ago they pulled out majority of their teams week of and didn’t pay tournament fee claiming the 95-98 degree weather was excessive heat even though they have done NW cup in 105 plus heat with 180 plus AQI in the past and told teams if they pulled out they would not give a refund . So yea if they go that direction not only will it kill this tournament in the future but will hurt he other local tournaments. I can’t see going to our parents asking for $ for the next tournament after this and don’t blame traveling team for not wanting to participate in these tournaments in the future. The kids always suffer …

Comment

Is this a Sounders tournament or a Faridnias tournament? It seems to be promoted as Spokane Sounders but we were repeatedly told throughout the weekend that it was the tournament directors decision not the club’s. Maybe that message is being misinterpreted but it seemed a little weird.

Comment

Who are the top Hugh school teams in your area.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X