Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Were they the "A" teams? best teams from those clubs.
    Do you think they decided to just throw away money on flying their youth backups from Guadalajara to San Diego for a friendly? Use your brain

Comment

Saw a Man City Cup promotional video on social media and recognized some boys from Seattle United getting some camera time.

https://vimeo.com/832419466

Comment

Saw a Man City Cup promotional video on social media and recognized some boys from Seattle United getting some camera time.

https://vimeo.com/832419466
        That drone shot of their goal is so cool! Go PNW!

Comment

People connected to teams that have gone to this tournament before - what did you think? Any sense of the acceptance criteria?

Comment

People connected to teams that have gone to this tournament before - what did you think? Any sense of the acceptance criteria?
            No, your EA or WPL team wont get in.

Comment

No, your EA or WPL team wont get in.
              Not league our team is in but thanks. Any thoughts on the tournament?

Comment

Should have said "Not the leagues our team is in..."

Comment

I don't have any experience to answer your question. But they sure make a nice promotional video.

Comment

I looked at teams playing in the age group my son is in and it looks a lot like the Surf Cup participants. Is there much difference from that tournament?

Comment

I looked at teams playing in the age group my son is in and it looks a lot like the Surf Cup participants. Is there much difference from that tournament?
                      My impression was that there were a significantly higher number of international teams in my son's group at Man City than there has been at Surf. A lot from Mexico, at least one or two from Europe and I think one or two from Canada? My kid thought that was a pretty cool aspect. He also liked that it was at the end of the season so teams were a lot more developed and cohesive than they are at Surf (at least for teams not disrupted by high school play, that is a different story I suppose), because a lot of those team just went through roster tweaks with tryouts and there are always kids missing for summer vacations. The crowds at the facility are a little lower key too because it's fewer teams (due to not having as many lower divisions I believe) compared to Surf. Besides ECNL playoffs, my son said it was his favorite tournament in the US.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X