Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What app do evaluators use during tryouts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What app do evaluators use during tryouts?

Some tryouts I see coaches using clipboards - old fashioned way.
    However some clubs seem to be using an app where coaches add some notes on each player and it syncs across so all the other coaches can see the notes in real time.

What app are they using?

Venmo.

Comment

^^^ Brilliant (I was going to say TikTok)

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        ^^^ Brilliant (I was going to say TikTok)
        I’m speaking from personal experience about things I saw at tryouts. It’s gotta be Venmo because I saw new players recommend for spots on a team and they were awful players while players who were better than current starters get shown the door.

I saw so much bs the only thing that makes sense is Venmo.

I actually saw a coach start laughing at another coach when he selected an inappropriate player….

Comment

Byga!!

Comment

I’m speaking from personal experience about things I saw at tryouts. It’s gotta be Venmo because I saw new players recommend for spots on a team and they were awful players while players who were better than current starters get shown the door.

I saw so much bs the only thing that makes sense is Venmo.

I actually saw a coach start laughing at another coach when he selected an inappropriate player….
            Best case...there's always some head scratchers in this process. I would just say many times coaches are looking to upgrade a specific position (say right back) and have tunnel vision about other talent on the field. So they don't necessarily take the top 18 players possible...they're thinking about lineups.

Worst case...they are just incompetent.

Comment

Venmo.
              No. They actually only accept Amazon gift cards.

Comment

Best case...there's always some head scratchers in this process. I would just say many times coaches are looking to upgrade a specific position (say right back) and have tunnel vision about other talent on the field. So they don't necessarily take the top 18 players possible...they're thinking about lineups.

Worst case...they are just incompetent.
                Tryouts for established teams aren't all that mysterious. You know how many teams you will form in the age group based on the number of players at a tryout. The coaching staff should already have a sense of where the returning players fit based on their body of work previously; if they don't they haven't done their job. You can reduce the pool by quickly eliminating the players who clearly won't be good enough. Then it's a matter of seeing where the remaining newcomers might fit and how they compare to the returning players. For example, say you are going to form two teams of 17 players in an age group, and 45 have registered in total. If you have 30 returning players, then you are really only looking at the 15 new players initially to see if there is quality there. You should be able to reduce the 45 player pool to less than 40 by the end of the first tryout. Then in the second tryout you whittle it down to the final 34 for the age group and at that point you should know where they fit in terms of first and second teams.

Comment

Thank you Bernie this is an amazing insight

Comment

Tryouts for established teams aren't all that mysterious. You know how many teams you will form in the age group based on the number of players at a tryout. The coaching staff should already have a sense of where the returning players fit based on their body of work previously; if they don't they haven't done their job. You can reduce the pool by quickly eliminating the players who clearly won't be good enough. Then it's a matter of seeing where the remaining newcomers might fit and how they compare to the returning players. For example, say you are going to form two teams of 17 players in an age group, and 45 have registered in total. If you have 30 returning players, then you are really only looking at the 15 new players initially to see if there is quality there. You should be able to reduce the 45 player pool to less than 40 by the end of the first tryout. Then in the second tryout you whittle it down to the final 34 for the age group and at that point you should know where they fit in terms of first and second teams.
                    Thanks for the insight… how do the VIP’s fit into that?

Comment

Long winded way of not answering the op's question.

Take your bullsh:t elsewhere- find someone who cares

Comment

Long winded way of not answering the op's question.

Take your bullsh:t elsewhere- find someone who cares
                        There is nothing wrong with the answer.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the answer.
                          Troll. Read the OP's question dumb **** and explain how you answered the question.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X