Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

To be clear I was mostly responding to post #29. In any case, it was my misunderstanding. I thought you were singing the common refrain on this board that certain clubs are the best at developing players because they focus on winning and the proof is how many college commits they have. That’s a classic case of correlation does not equal causation. A focus on winning helps draw more talented players that go on to college, but I’m skeptical that it’s a better way to get a given player to reach their potential. It’s just the best way to recruit talent.

I don’t think there’s any evidence of any club being superior at developing players. What club is somehow hamstrung at recruiting talent, but still generates college commits? That would be the best at developing players, but not sure who that would be. Even PacNW despite their winning record, is good at recruiting talent since they have a reputation of putting kids in college. I’m skeptical that they’re any better at developing players.
    Agree on all aspects. Clubs and leagues do not develop players. People develop people- no matter what that dumb b:tch above thinks... f8ck her and the dumb PacNW boner she rode in on.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      The clubs can certainly do more than they do. Seems like they are lazy with regards to technical and tactical training IMO. Sometimes it’s hard because of limited space on field but they definitely could do more.
      Coaches will try and get away with not developing players, BUT only if the parents say nothing. We are the paying customers don't forget that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X