Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Su b09 ecnl

New coach, players leaving for Sounders...wondering what the environment will be like this year for parents and players that are more interested in player development than wins.

Not an SU parent but friends with a few thru epd. Sounds like the environment is not what it used to be

Comment

I imagine it will play out like SU's 08 team from last year. They had a great team that took a step back once they lost kids to the Sounders. But they were still highly competitive and I am sure it afforded some new opportunities for other kids to step up and develop with more minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        I imagine it will play out like SU's 08 team from last year. They had a great team that took a step back once they lost kids to the Sounders. But they were still highly competitive and I am sure it afforded some new opportunities for other kids to step up and develop with more minutes.
        If the coach was the same I might agree. Very different situation though. Plus last year's team was one of the top teams in the country. Much greater foundation to start with.

Comment

If the coach was the same I might agree. Very different situation though. Plus last year's team was one of the top teams in the country. Much greater foundation to start with.
          XF and SU are ranked 3 and 4 in the nation in ECNL standings at the end of the season. Granted, that ranking system is far from perfect and favors good teams in divisions that are not deep. But having had my son's team face that SU 09 team 3xs this year, I would not say they are slouchy team.

Comment

Same thing happens every year with SU and it turns out to be okay. They know what they have going on and might struggle at first but will put it together and finish top 3 again next year.

Comment

Same thing happens every year with SU and it turns out to be okay. They know what they have going on and might struggle at first but will put it together and finish top 3 again next year.
              I don't care as much about where they finish, I care more about player development.

Comment

then i'd say they are really going to miss EJ

Comment

EJ hasn't coached them since the fall.

Comment

Are you happy with their development since his departure?

Comment

Are you happy with their development since his departure?
                      Guessing their ability to dribble around cones isn’t nearly as good.

Comment

I don't care as much about where they finish, I care more about player development.
                        Hey, you are out of line. Nobody comes here for well adjusted, rational takes that actually prioritize the well being of our kids.

Comment

Hey, you are out of line. Nobody comes here for well adjusted, rational takes that actually prioritize the well being of our kids.
                          And easy to say you don’t care about winning when you aren’t on the team.

Comment

The 09 SU team was the best this year at 09. Not by a wide margin, but they proved it on the field. XF playing an 08 against them was unfortunate. But in the end they split games when they both only played 09's and tied when xf played an 08.

Comment

if they are winning then they are developing. ppl on this board need to realize WA state develops top tier talent. We are one of the states that produces the most D1 players,

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X