Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Yeah, the system is broken. It's insane to have all these leagues and all this travel, but it is what it is. Try to make a positive out of it. Most of the time when we have to cross the state, it's just my kid and myself. Embrace the quality time. You are only gonna have a couple more years with the younger ages when they still want to be around you.
    100% spot on, my dd is nearing end of college career and I still miss the club travel days and time spent with her. Also funny to hear some, not all, West Side Parents whine about 1 or 2 trips over the mountains every year, when the teams on the East side do it continually for most of their league matches, tournaments, etc..

Comment

Not trying to distract from the nice sentiment of your message, but west side people are "whining" because they have to go over there just to win 10-0. Let's save everyone some driving: you stay over there and we will stay over here.

Comment

Understood, I do agree with you, if that is the type of games that are being played, it is not beneficial for either team. It was not like that at all for my DD's team when we were travelling. And she ultimately wound up playing on an ECNL Team on the West side, but her home club team was very good but not ECNL level. This was back when there were only 2 female ECNL teams.

Comment

Sounds like we are on the same page then. I'm glad it worked out for her!

How was your experience living on the east but playing for a club on the west side?

Comment

I noticed that for State Cup/President's Cup, the Yakima and Tri-Cities teams are required to play all group matches away and of course semis and finals at Starfire. It looks like Spokane is not even bothering to play.

Comment

Sounds like we are on the same page then. I'm glad it worked out for her!

How was your experience living on the east but playing for a club on the west side?
              For her it was good. But she played alot and the club only made her come over once a month for practices and of course when they were travelling for an event or league double header, we would try to send her a day or two early so she could get at least one extra training in. She played with the club all through hs and made a couple of life long friends. We definitely spent some money over the years but she has actually banked money in college with her athletic scholarship plus additionally academic money she received. She loved it and knew she wanted to play in college so we supported. We didn't push and would have pulled back if her goal wasn't college career. Interestingly, her ECNL team travelled very reasonably and did a great job with airfare, team meals in hotel, etc... so it was cheaper for us to put her on a plane with that team, than to drive to Seattle for tournament with 3 to 4 days of hotels/meals. Also, as a discovery player with ECNL Team, her club fee was reduced by like 80%. Overall, great experience for her but I know of examples of other kids lesser experiences.

Comment

I noticed that for State Cup/President's Cup, the Yakima and Tri-Cities teams are required to play all group matches away and of course semis and finals at Starfire. It looks like Spokane is not even bothering to play.
                State cups are pretty much irrelevant at this point.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X