X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12U RCL Rules? Build out line, punt, headers? PacNW Winter Classic

Hi,

Hopefully someone on here can check this for me.

We are playing PacNW Winter Classic. I was surprised on arrival last night that the 12U (2011) ages are playing with restrictions that I had thought were only for younger ages. Build out line. No punting. No headers. For the Crossfire Challenge over the summer, this age did not have these restrictions. Can someone on here confirm that this is correct and consistent with RCL? We play WPL and do not have these restrictions at this age.

I found this from WYS that seems to say that 12U should not have these restrictions.

https://washingtonyouthsoccer.org/wp...18_Updated.pdf

Thanks

PacNW plays in the RCL & ECNL.

Rumor has it that somebody threatened a lawsuit to the RCL because their kid was playing up a year. And so RCL just adopted the U11 rules for U12. A few other leagues followed RCL in doing this.

That being said if even soccer mad countries like England are making rules around heading more restrictive in the youth ranks I think it is fair to say that you can expect to see more changes like this as time goes by:
    https://www.sporttechie.com/new-guid...youth-players/

Comment

Thank you.

I can understand the heading, I suppose. Safety first.

It's the build out line that doesn't make sense to me. (And frankly that threw our team trying to hold a high line at the half. So much "offsides!" yelling from our ignorant sideline... )

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Thank you.

I can understand the heading, I suppose. Safety first.

It's the build out line that doesn't make sense to me. (And frankly that threw our team trying to hold a high line at the half. So much "offsides!" yelling from our ignorant sideline... )
        Even at U11 I think everybody I know would prefer that the buildout line was for buildout *ONLY*... and didn't really have anything to do with offsides.

Comment

It threw our team for a loop too. I’m a bit surprised the GK made it through the weekend without accidentally punting. The buildout line just being cones instead of an actual line makes it pretty tough to call offsides for a single center referee with no ARs.

Comment

What are the Surf Select NW whatever teams? Is it the same as WPL Surf? My daughters team played them and it was actually a pretty good game, their players were just tiny,

Comment

It sounds similar to WPL Surf, but limited to Surf affiliate clubs in the inland northwest: https://www.ewsurfsc.com/surf-select

Comment

Not a bad concept. Didn’t realize they had that many Surf affiliates in the NW. played their 2010 boys and was definitely a decent team

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X