X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Vela was drinking on the job
    Not surprising. I can't believe the drinking culture with the sounders coaches. Getting hammered in the hotel bars with the players around.

Comment

He was not drinking on the job. Stop it. His private academy is doing very well and he’d prefer to focus on family than go to Seattle every weekend to get beat by 10 goals in ECNL. Hard to blame him.

Comment

He was not drinking on the job. Stop it. His private academy is doing very well and he’d prefer to focus on family than go to Seattle every weekend to get beat by 10 goals in ECNL. Hard to blame him.
        Definitely can't blame him for not wanting to be in that position. For soccer to get any better in Spokane, it needs to start at the youngest ages. Now that WE/Surf are combining, maybe they can convince Sounders to get on board and then Spokane could have one club that only loses by 5 in Seattle.

Comment

Hopefully the USL thing works. If they have a couple top Academy teams then Sounders & Surf/WE right under them it’s pretty good. That probably means no ECNL but EA and GA are fine levels of competition for the areas second teams. Who knows how many new leagues pop up in the next couple years.

Comment

Parents reported to Sounders board instances of drinking on the job. Vela checked into rehab in December.

Comment

Just when you think you’ve seen rock bottom from this board.

Comment

XF2 only does well because they use their first team players too often. Those teams are interchangeable and nobody is enforcing the rules of players not playing in two games in a day because they provide poorly done rosters with wrong player numbers. I have been questioning this all season and keep getting the runaround but start checking they aren’t following the rules. They use their XF2 team to set their first team up. It’s wrong.

Comment

XF2 only does well because they use their first team players too often. Those teams are interchangeable and nobody is enforcing the rules of players not playing in two games in a day because they provide poorly done rosters with wrong player numbers. I have been questioning this all season and keep getting the runaround but start checking they aren’t following the rules. They use their XF2 team to set their first team up. It’s wrong.
                  Nobody cares.

Comment

Nobody cares.
                    Except you who responded

Comment

Sorry I must not be able to read an entire sentence...I thought this thread was "why are Spokane"? spoken in my best Drax voice. I just needed a laugh this am.

Comment

How do they use the XF2 team to set the first team up?

XF pushing boundaries on rules? No way lol.

Comment

100% wrong. There isn’t a kid on the 1st team that would swing down. That doesn’t make any sense. You can argue it but you’ll still be wrong. No one would play on the second team.

Comment

100% wrong. There isn’t a kid on the 1st team that would swing down. That doesn’t make any sense. You can argue it but you’ll still be wrong. No one would play on the second team.
                            They are wrong. XF1 players won’t play for XF2. But what XF does is have players hardly go to XF1 practice and get XF1 playtime who come from Yakima and Wenatchee. But no player goes up or down on those teams. XF1 has 21 players and XF2 18 according to app.

Comment

the XF1 kids from wenatchee and Yakima are obviously putting in hard work somewhere to justify their skill and playing time. Good on XF for providing a team of quality for them to play on even though they are limited geographically. No different than sounders bringing kids from all over the country etc. The only parents that would whine about them getting field time are the ones whose kids have all the skill their parents money could buy . . .

Comment

The real truth is if XF can convince some kid who is the best on their team to come over they are more than happy to weaken the squad they came from and keep them away from WP,SU or EFC. Most of the time these kids are not better than whats already on the shelf. In the past with Troy they were getting guest players from back east as in the other side of the united states.

1-40 in every single birth year XF has the most talent and its not close.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X