Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    No solidarity payments in a pay to play system.
    Again, you have no iidea what you are talking about. XF DA was free, Yedlin paid zero.

Comment

Sounders have done well with homegrowns, and that will continue.
      You are clearly new. Sounders homegrown is a three year death sentence. Only real success has been signing college players.

Comment

You are clearly new. Sounders homegrown is a three year death sentence. Only real success has been signing college players.
        Idiot. You realize Yedlin was a homegrown player sold to Tottenham? Who is new?

Comment

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/most-...er-j-sam-jones

Also, Obed is considered a top 10 prospect:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/who-s...op-10-for-2022

Not to mention smaller deals like Wingo.

Within the MLS Seattle is looked at as a successful MLS club, both winning and through its academy. You look silly arguing it's success in their short MLS history.

Comment

Idiot. You realize Yedlin was a homegrown player sold to Tottenham? Who is new?
            Idiot, lol. He played ONE year for Sounders academy and two in college. Hence the solidarity issue. Morris played ONE year at Sounders academy and three in college. You have no clue as to the history of the Sounders Homegrown past, do some research on it and then come back and tell me it’s a success.

Comment

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/most-...er-j-sam-jones

Also, Obed is considered a top 10 prospect:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/who-s...op-10-for-2022

Not to mention smaller deals like Wingo.

Within the MLS Seattle is looked at as a successful MLS club, both winning and through its academy. You look silly arguing it's success in their short MLS history.
              As I said above, Wingo is a two year college player. He left the Sounders a year early because he was playing so little and went to Norway for almost nothing. His success there propelled him to Turkey and a million dollar transfer fee.
              I am not arguing the Sounders MLS success, they clearly have been a good team. I am arguing the Academy and it being the best option for local kids, I obviously don't think it is .

Comment

I have no dog in this fight but I am interested...if you don't think SA is the best option for local kids, what do you think is better?

Also, from what I can understand there are two parts to this: the contract part and the actual on-field soccer part. Is that how people are looking at it?

Comment

I have no dog in this fight but I am interested...if you don't think SA is the best option for local kids, what do you think is better?

Also, from what I can understand there are two parts to this: the contract part and the actual on-field soccer part. Is that how people are looking at it?
                  I think that they should play for a top ECNL club and go to college. If you are great, you can leave college and get an MLS contract early. For the very rare kid you should probably go to Europe if you are at that level, very few are.
                  Almost all of the Sounders top American players (Frei as well) played college for a couple of years at least. Jackson Ragen played four years of college and signed this season and is on the first team. It's of course my opinion only. I am rooting for all of the kids/players, I just hate seeing those many kids cut before they are 20/21 with no education and nothing to show for it.

Comment

Idiot, lol. He played ONE year for Sounders academy and two in college. Hence the solidarity issue. Morris played ONE year at Sounders academy and three in college. You have no clue as to the history of the Sounders Homegrown past, do some research on it and then come back and tell me it’s a success.
                    Dumb f0ck- it doesn't matter if they went to college or how long they were in sounders academy. There is no issue with the sounders for the transfer fee they received for Yedlin from the spurs. The only one having issue is XF. Further, they also got a cut when Yedlin went to Newcastle.

Comment

I think that they should play for a top ECNL club and go to college. If you are great, you can leave college and get an MLS contract early. For the very rare kid you should probably go to Europe if you are at that level, very few are.
                      Almost all of the Sounders top American players (Frei as well) played college for a couple of years at least. Jackson Ragen played four years of college and signed this season and is on the first team. It's of course my opinion only. I am rooting for all of the kids/players, I just hate seeing those many kids cut before they are 20/21 with no education and nothing to show for it.
                      You understand there are barriers to college for some kids? I don't necessarily disagree- but who are you to determine what's the best path in every situation?

Comment

As I said above, Wingo is a two year college player. He left the Sounders a year early because he was playing so little and went to Norway for almost nothing. His success there propelled him to Turkey and a million dollar transfer fee.
                        I am not arguing the Sounders MLS success, they clearly have been a good team. I am arguing the Academy and it being the best option for local kids, I obviously don't think it is .
                        Sounders sold Wingo to Molde for 227k euro and got a cut when he went to Ferrncvaros for 770k euro.

Comment

I've provided you articles from independent professionals that concur the sounders homegrown program has been successful for them. Sorry it doesn't resonate with a toad like you.

Comment

I've provided you articles from independent professionals that concur the sounders homegrown program has been successful for them. Sorry it doesn't resonate with a toad like you.
                            You provided articles from a highly biased source (MLS website) which has a strong incentive to pump up their own players. You see the MLS is a "single-entity structure", which means that organization actually owns each franchise and all player contracts. They (each team) also share revenues. So of course you'd expect the MLS PR department to work as hard as possible to promote their next batch of Homegrowns. An independent source does not have a financial interest in the topic at hand.

Objectively, its hard to say that the Sounders Academy has been a roaring success (yet) in producing MLS or overseas stars. But if you look at whether they have a decent track record in producing college-level players, it seems like they have, at least as well as XF or other top teams around here.

Seems like a decent enough program and its free. Most players will enter the academy with professional aspirations, but if after 2 years the pro route doesn't pan out, many still have the option of playing in college.

Comment

Dumb f0ck- it doesn't matter if they went to college or how long they were in sounders academy. There is no issue with the sounders for the transfer fee they received for Yedlin from the spurs. The only one having issue is XF. Further, they also got a cut when Yedlin went to Newcastle.
                              Yes oh wise one, that's why the Sounders lost that case.

Comment

You understand there are barriers to college for some kids? I don't necessarily disagree- but who are you to determine what's the best path in every situation?
                                I stated that it was my opinion. I am just arguing those that say it's the ONLY path or the BEST path.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X