Sdp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling that winning against The Whitecaps is some what expected. Does The Whitecaps have a decent academy?

Interesting, 2 Hawaiian kids. Always been impressed with the Hawaiian clubs, they produce good players especially considering the very small population size. Hawaii is 1.5 million people, tiny state.

Glad to see some XF kids on the academy. Why not more?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Definitely not first-choice players for much of the U15 roster, and many of those boys will have their development seriously stunted now due to lack of playing time on that 23-player roster. Some real head-scratchers
      They have the best 08s. Who do you think they missed?

Comment

They have the best 08s. Who do you think they missed?
        That’s my question. I can see some XF players who choose not to go but it would seem that they would have access to everyone else.

There will always be some disagreement on a few players but it seems like they would get it mostly right.

Comment

I noticed they updated the web site with this years 2022-23 Sounders Academy rosters for U17 and U15. This year’s U15 has a lot of boys from the Seattle United B08 ECNL team that went to the ECNL championship. I notice Sounders managed to recruit three boys from the XF B08 team and three from the XF B09 team. Plus Kelvin who played up last year from XF is still there. Obed Vargas younger brother is on the team and two Hawaii kids.

U17 is more mixed in prior clubs.

I heard both teams won their opening matches against Whitecaps.
          09s playing up is impressive. Big difference between each age group at that age.

Comment

Does anyone know the percentage of kids that go from sdp to the academy? I would think it’s pretty low, considering they are evaluating kids before puberty.

Comment

How do they know who to invite?
              you have to gp to the right club (SU)

Comment

you have to gp to the right club (SU)
                This is tongue in cheek but not totally wrong.

Comment

Most of the kids on Sounders Academy will be forgotten in a couple years. Hurtado’s kid not ready to play 08, even with the sounders academy politics are involved. I rather stay at xf and deal with Bernie, safer pathway to college soccer

Comment

Most of the kids on Sounders Academy will be forgotten in a couple years. Hurtado’s kid not ready to play 08, even with the sounders academy politics are involved. I rather stay at xf and deal with Bernie, safer pathway to college soccer
                    Why do you have to bring up Hurtado's kid?So much jealousy in this forum.

Comment

Why do you have to bring up Hurtado's kid?So much jealousy in this forum.
                      Such a toxic forum!! Every single thread these days turn into nasty attacks on either a kid, coach, or organization. There is an occasional tidbit of useful info, but just not worth wading in the BS to find it. I'm out!!

Comment

Does anyone know the percentage of kids that go from sdp to the academy? I would think it’s pretty low, considering they are evaluating kids before puberty.
                        Whatever the number is, it has to be high enough for the academy to think it is worth investing in SDP. If they did a proper cost/benefit analysis, they must have concluded that looking a few years before the actual academy starts helps them to pick the right players.

My wild guess is that at least 25% of the current SDP kids advance at least to year 1 of academy.

Comment

seems like its more about politics, keeping the non XF community happy

Comment

What does this mean?

Comment

U15s already lost to Timbers last night. Time to clean house. lol

Comment

it's too bad this used to make a little more sense when XF had the DA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X