• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sdp

Is this program ever coming back?

It’s in full flight right now

Comment

The B10 age group just started about a week ago. Not sure about the other age groups. It started late this year from what I understand.

Comment

How do you join sdp is there a tryout

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          How do you join sdp is there a tryout
          Invite only.

Comment

Invite only? That’s kinda dumb. In past years they would have a few try out sessions. They are missing a lot of top talent that way.

Comment

How do they know who to invite?

Comment

How do they know who to invite?
                I think EPD is one of the primary paths, at least at the younger ages. In theory they should be watching ECNL games, scouting, not sure if they do that.

Comment

Invite only? That’s kinda dumb. In past years they would have a few try out sessions. They are missing a lot of top talent that way.
                  Yes, they are missing lots of talent. It really is odd, you would think they want to cast a wide net, within reason, I understand more players means more weeding through the pile. But there are many kids on XF and SU ECNL teams that should be given a shot.

Comment

They seem to be casting a larger net - nearly 40 kids at the b10 age group and not just from ECNL clubs. Looked like about 30+ b09’s too. A coach recommendation to Bingy Lara, their recruiter, would be my advice if you believe your son is talented enough to be there. He will watch them.

Comment

I noticed they updated the web site with this years 2022-23 Sounders Academy rosters for U17 and U15. This year’s U15 has a lot of boys from the Seattle United B08 ECNL team that went to the ECNL championship. I notice Sounders managed to recruit three boys from the XF B08 team and three from the XF B09 team. Plus Kelvin who played up last year from XF is still there. Obed Vargas younger brother is on the team and two Hawaii kids.

U17 is more mixed in prior clubs.

I heard both teams won their opening matches against Whitecaps.

Comment

Sorry forgot to include link to SA web site in my post above
                        https://www.soundersfc.com/academy/teams

Comment

Definitely not first-choice players for much of the U15 roster, and many of those boys will have their development seriously stunted now due to lack of playing time on that 23-player roster. Some real head-scratchers

Comment

I think EPD is one of the primary paths, at least at the younger ages. In theory they should be watching ECNL games, scouting, not sure if they do that.
                            By u13 they know who most of the best players are to invite. Bingy has been an EPD coach, plus they solicit feedback from coaches.

If there are kids who aren’t there initially, they will find them. In this day and age it’s almost impossible to find a hidden gem.

Comment

Definitely not first-choice players for much of the U15 roster, and many of those boys will have their development seriously stunted now due to lack of playing time on that 23-player roster. Some real head-scratchers
                              Did players refuse to join or were they not invited?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X