Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Good try at making this Justi's fault, my god. The SafeSport Act is written broadly. Anyone who knew about this behavior, including volunteers aka parents, is considered a mandatory reporter in this situation. We don't know who reported what when, who knew what when, etc
    It’s not a try at anything other than understanding who dropped the ball in terms of obligations to protect children. Read the complaint. It says Justi reported it to Bernie James and Cheryl Manao. There is nothing mentioned about Justi’s compliance with Safesport reporting obligations as a mandatory reporter. No date is given for her report to those two people, but the allegation goes on to say “The defendants did nothing to investigate…”. So… how long did she wait to see if Bernie and Cheryl would do anything? She had to report it to the police within 24 hours under safesports rules, so she couldn’t wait too long. For sure, Bernie and Cheryl had to report it within 24 hours of Justi telling them. Read the complaint, read the safesport rules and read the Washington law and just match the rules to the facts in the complaint. That’s all that’s going on here in terms of trying to figure out what obligations people had to protect the kids.

Comment

Yeah. Cuz if adults do their jobs kids are better protected. I’m concerned about the protection of the kids. You should be concerned about adults who get trained and certified about how to protect kids and report violations, but then don’t. From your comment, it sounds like you are good with coaches who don’t know their obligations for protecting kids even though they are “certified”.

the parents of the kids who were the victims of the inappropriate touching should be contacting police and prosecutors need to get involved.
      Right- the parents should be chastised- not the coach who reported it to her boss.

Comment

Good points all the way around. The only caveat I would add is that you had better get your ducks in a row with enough evidence to go to the authorities not just mere suspicion or rumor. If the allegations are true then allow the legal process run its course but if not, reputations can have long term impacts
        And possibly this is why she didn't go to the police- she wasn't sure. But maybe she suspected something. If she wasn't sure but suspected something what should she have done?

Comment

You people should be ashamed of yourselves. Talk about town gossip metoo blm woke which hunt. Bernie is an idiot, he should be booted. The club “burning to the ground” etc….wow. I thought you hypocrites were in this for “ the hood of the children?” ****ing disgusting. Let due process take place and mind your own business. SMFH
          I'm glad you agree that Bernie should be "booted". For the sake of the kids, maybe that is enough. But based on so many of the responses from the "defend crossfire with your life win at all costs head in the sand" parents, I'm not sure that is enough.

Parents, realize that you have a dirt bag leading your organization. Demand something be done. Stop putting your head in the sand.

Comment

Bernie and the board need to resign immediately.

Comment

And possibly this is why she didn't go to the police- she wasn't sure. But maybe she suspected something. If she wasn't sure but suspected something what should she have done?
              Ummm…report it. That’s what her training as a Safesport certified coach taught her. You really need to read the Safesport rules again. Within 24 hrs Bernie, Cheryl and Justi were required to report SUSPECTED child abuse including sexual abuse. The word suspected is in black-and-white in the rule. If she suspected something she was required to report it. Coaches are not required to conduct their own personal investigations to determine whether something in fact happened or didn’t. Safesport does not require any coach to “get their ducks in a row“. If you suspect it, you are required to report it within 24 hours. Those are the rules.

”Pursuant to the SafeSport Act, all mandatory reporters are required to report suspected child abuse, including sexual abuse, within 24 hours to the local law enforcement agency or local child protective services agency that has jurisdiction to investigate reports of child abuse or to protect child abuse victims, or to the FBI. This requirement applies to, among others, all Participants as described in US Club Soccer Policy 13.01.”

Comment

Anyone has Bernie’s number? I would like his girlfriend to provide me with a supply of crack, I’m willing to meet at 60 acres or Marymoor fields

Comment

Anyone has Bernie’s number? I would like his girlfriend to provide me with a supply of crack, I’m willing to meet at 60 acres or Marymoor fields
                  How dare you! That wasn't crack, that was pure cocaine.

Comment

How much did the XFire board know about the report of male coach touching players inappropriately? What did they know and when did they know it?

Comment

How much did the XFire board know about the report of male coach touching players inappropriately? What did they know and when did they know it?
                      Someone knew something because coach BW seems to have an adult (non coach) on his sideline at the games lately.

Comment

Someone knew something because coach BW seems to have an adult (non coach) on his siThat deline at the games lately.
                        That is because the Safe Sport investigation is not done. BW and BJ filed an injunction and it was ruled they could return with a chaperones.

Comment

That is because the Safe Sport investigation is not done. BW and BJ filed an injunction and it was ruled they could return with a chaperones.
                          There's gotta be a documentary, movie, mini series, something on this. These guys could make Tiger King seem like childsplay.

Comment

LWYSA Board contacts https://www.lwysa.org/Default.aspx?tabid=718275

Comment

I recommend the Legacy of Joe Paterno to these board members.

Comment

There's gotta be a documentary, movie, mini series, something on this. These guys could make Tiger King seem like childsplay.
                                Right?? !

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X