Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ISC Gunners Executive Director resigns amid Racial Discrimination claims.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISC Gunners Executive Director resigns amid Racial Discrimination claims.

There was recently allegations of racial discrimination by one of the Gunner coaches and then all of a sudden the Executive Director resigns. Anyone know what’s going on with ISC Gunners?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    There was recently allegations of racial discrimination by one of the Gunner coaches and then all of a sudden the Executive Director resigns. Anyone know what’s going on with ISC Gunners?
    $20 they show up on the XF coaching lists soon

Comment

$20 they show up on the XF coaching lists soon
      savage response

Comment

Seems too coincidental not to be connected.

Comment

It sounds like there were some allegations and allegedly there wasn’t a good plan to close this down.. Regardless if it’s true or not, you should investigate and determine if there is a problem. IMO, that should then be broadcasted out to the team so parents know that these things are important.

Comment

On the one hand, isn’t this the second major director ousted from Gunners for inappropriate behavior in the past few years? On the other hand, they seem to be teaching XF a lesson, giving them a butt whooping even, on how to clean out the trash when it needs to be. XF on the other hand seem to like the role of trash collectors…. Way to go Gunners on having some guts and morals!

Comment

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/168...utive-director

Comment

The physical working conditions say you have to be exposed to outside elements 31-60% of the time. I was gonna apply until I saw that. :)

Comment

I heard a really good coach wants to leave XF and needs a new job. Do you think Alex Cunliffe will apply.

Comment

This was what was sent to the parents from ISC Gunners Coach Joel....

I am writing to inform you that after a lot of thought, consideration and going back and forth with myself, it is with a very heavy heart that I have decided to step down as head coach at ISC Gunners and resign. This was the hardest decision I have had to make in my career, but it is the best one for me and my mental health. The reality is parents, there is a lot you do not know that goes on behind the scenes. This has been coming for a very long time. I am not going to get into all the details but as our members you deserve to know some of the truth, this is your club. I do not want anybody trying to put words in my mouth or speak for me as you all know me, I am very direct and straightforward.

Last year I was the subject of a very big false allegation "investigation". Had I been found guilty I would have been let go from the club. I was very dissatisfied with the treatment I received and how it was handled, or in this case mishandled. No matter how hard I wanted to ignore the racial innuendos throughout the process I truly felt targeted because of the type of black man I am. Even more hurtful was when after I was exonerated, after stressing about potentially not having a job in the middle of a pandemic during a 6 week investigation, and the effect this had on me, nobody from the organization, with the exception of a few close colleagues who knew about it, reached out to me to check on how I was doing or even acknowledge what I went through. I fought hard to prove I was innocent and when I was found not guilty I was basically told to "move on". Well you do not just move on from something like that, furthermore, a few months after the investigation, one of my accusers walked back their allegations and sent an email to the executive director. This is a copy and paste directly from the email.

"In regards to the investigation with Joel, I never once reached out to him to have a conversation about what was going on. There are certain things that were said that I should’ve confronted Joel about in the moment, and I did not. I had the opportunity to have a really productive conversation with Joel after the meeting today, and we cleared a lot of things up that should’ve been done WAY earlier, and I FULLY take responsibility for not doing so. Due to pressures from those ranked above me, I felt a lot of pressure to feel offended by Joel because I was told to do so. I really do feel as though Joel was not given the opportunity to have a conversation with leadership regarding the SERIOUS allegations he was facing. I am aware there are legalities with the HR investigation that cannot be talked about, but I just wanted to go on record saying that I truly think Joel is a valuable member of staff and would never purposely treat anyone badly/differently because of sex or gender. I hope the club see’s this and can mend that relationship/trust with Joel, as I do feel he was wrongly accused. My deepest and most sincere apologies were given to Joel as we spoke today, and I hope the club can do that too"

Even after this, I was basically asked to "move on". They told me that they did reach out to this person but in reality the entire investigation should have been reopened, not against me but against those who colluded to form false allegations against me. This was never done, an apology was never issued, and even as recently as last week I felt targeted, which was the final straw.

All I was guilty of doing is standing up for what I believe in and standing up for some of my colleagues, being a strong and proud black man and I will never apologize for that. I want to make it clear, I was not fired by ISC Gunners, I am resigning of my own free will, nobody has asked me to. I am not leaving because I have got this great new opportunity or something of that nature, I am resigning because I can no longer pretend that what happened to me does not bother me. I did not resign last year because I had made the commitment to the kids, and I had support from some of my colleagues that we would get through it together and I thought tangible changes were going to happen and unfortunately not much has changed. I love ISC Gunners, I love the kids and the families, every single day I gave your kids 110%. You deserve to know why you are losing your coach. You invest in this program financially and with your time for somebody to try and hide the truth from you. I will never apologize for being a strong and outspoken black man in America.

Working with your kids has been the greatest privilege of my life. I will always be available to any of you, the memories I made with your kids will remain with me forever.

Comment

I heard a really good coach wants to leave XF and needs a new job. Do you think Alex Cunliffe will apply.
                      No I don’t think so

Comment

This was what was sent to the parents from ISC Gunners Coach Joel....

I am writing to inform you that after a lot of thought, consideration and going back and forth with myself, it is with a very heavy heart that I have decided to step down as head coach at ISC Gunners and resign. This was the hardest decision I have had to make in my career, but it is the best one for me and my mental health. The reality is parents, there is a lot you do not know that goes on behind the scenes. This has been coming for a very long time. I am not going to get into all the details but as our members you deserve to know some of the truth, this is your club. I do not want anybody trying to put words in my mouth or speak for me as you all know me, I am very direct and straightforward.

Last year I was the subject of a very big false allegation "investigation". Had I been found guilty I would have been let go from the club. I was very dissatisfied with the treatment I received and how it was handled, or in this case mishandled. No matter how hard I wanted to ignore the racial innuendos throughout the process I truly felt targeted because of the type of black man I am. Even more hurtful was when after I was exonerated, after stressing about potentially not having a job in the middle of a pandemic during a 6 week investigation, and the effect this had on me, nobody from the organization, with the exception of a few close colleagues who knew about it, reached out to me to check on how I was doing or even acknowledge what I went through. I fought hard to prove I was innocent and when I was found not guilty I was basically told to "move on". Well you do not just move on from something like that, furthermore, a few months after the investigation, one of my accusers walked back their allegations and sent an email to the executive director. This is a copy and paste directly from the email.

"In regards to the investigation with Joel, I never once reached out to him to have a conversation about what was going on. There are certain things that were said that I should’ve confronted Joel about in the moment, and I did not. I had the opportunity to have a really productive conversation with Joel after the meeting today, and we cleared a lot of things up that should’ve been done WAY earlier, and I FULLY take responsibility for not doing so. Due to pressures from those ranked above me, I felt a lot of pressure to feel offended by Joel because I was told to do so. I really do feel as though Joel was not given the opportunity to have a conversation with leadership regarding the SERIOUS allegations he was facing. I am aware there are legalities with the HR investigation that cannot be talked about, but I just wanted to go on record saying that I truly think Joel is a valuable member of staff and would never purposely treat anyone badly/differently because of sex or gender. I hope the club see’s this and can mend that relationship/trust with Joel, as I do feel he was wrongly accused. My deepest and most sincere apologies were given to Joel as we spoke today, and I hope the club can do that too"

Even after this, I was basically asked to "move on". They told me that they did reach out to this person but in reality the entire investigation should have been reopened, not against me but against those who colluded to form false allegations against me. This was never done, an apology was never issued, and even as recently as last week I felt targeted, which was the final straw.

All I was guilty of doing is standing up for what I believe in and standing up for some of my colleagues, being a strong and proud black man and I will never apologize for that. I want to make it clear, I was not fired by ISC Gunners, I am resigning of my own free will, nobody has asked me to. I am not leaving because I have got this great new opportunity or something of that nature, I am resigning because I can no longer pretend that what happened to me does not bother me. I did not resign last year because I had made the commitment to the kids, and I had support from some of my colleagues that we would get through it together and I thought tangible changes were going to happen and unfortunately not much has changed. I love ISC Gunners, I love the kids and the families, every single day I gave your kids 110%. You deserve to know why you are losing your coach. You invest in this program financially and with your time for somebody to try and hide the truth from you. I will never apologize for being a strong and outspoken black man in America.

Working with your kids has been the greatest privilege of my life. I will always be available to any of you, the memories I made with your kids will remain with me forever.

What was he accused of?

Comment

Falsely accused of sexism/gender discrimination

Comment

Washington soccer is a frickin mess.

Comment

Washington soccer is a frickin mess.
                              Is this one also related to the Hunter family?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X