Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Mad Bro?

As a parent of 4, all in soccer (rec, HS, Premier) just wondering what it would take to make some people on this board happy?

I enjoy watching my kids play, I walk away from parents that are too much for me and when we leave the field we have fun talking about the game all the way home. Isn't this what we want?

It took some time for me to completely understand the "you coach your kids on being humans and I'll coach them on playing soccer" line of thinking, but now I love it. Similar to our education system, there are things I feel better left to parents to teach their children, I would rather my kids learn math from their teacher and kindness and grace from their mother and me.

I think if some of these individuals took a moment to exercise some self-reflection they might see that they are getting whipped into a frenzy for no reason and probably not helping their kids succeed, which in the end, is all we want. Our kids to be happy and successful.

It's a beautiful day, maybe make today the day you stop attacking other people, other clubs, and other coaches and concentrate on what matters to you and your family.

Maybe you want to be a completely crazy soccer parent. My guess is that 90%+ of us on here are just passionate about our kids and enjoy soccer and let things go farther than they should at times.

Anyway, not a rant on why I am better than anyone, I have been there too, I am just much happier now that I caught myself slipping and corrected it before I embarrass myself (more) or my kids.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    As a parent of 4, all in soccer (rec, HS, Premier) just wondering what it would take to make some people on this board happy?

I enjoy watching my kids play, I walk away from parents that are too much for me and when we leave the field we have fun talking about the game all the way home. Isn't this what we want?

It took some time for me to completely understand the "you coach your kids on being humans and I'll coach them on playing soccer" line of thinking, but now I love it. Similar to our education system, there are things I feel better left to parents to teach their children, I would rather my kids learn math from their teacher and kindness and grace from their mother and me.

I think if some of these individuals took a moment to exercise some self-reflection they might see that they are getting whipped into a frenzy for no reason and probably not helping their kids succeed, which in the end, is all we want. Our kids to be happy and successful.

It's a beautiful day, maybe make today the day you stop attacking other people, other clubs, and other coaches and concentrate on what matters to you and your family.

Maybe you want to be a completely crazy soccer parent. My guess is that 90%+ of us on here are just passionate about our kids and enjoy soccer and let things go farther than they should at times.

Anyway, not a rant on why I am better than anyone, I have been there too, I am just much happier now that I caught myself slipping and corrected it before I embarrass myself (more) or my kids.
    Some people thrive in the chaos. You will never change that with common sense.

Comment

Some people thrive in the chaos. You will never change that with common sense.
      I think the problem with a lot of the particularly crazy parents is that they get their own ego wrapped up in their kids. Parents today in general are way more involved in all aspects of a kids life and for everyone’s sanity - should take a step back and realize it is their kid’s life and you don’t need to micromanage everything. The kids will be fine. I don’t know what happened, but 20-30 years ago, parenting like this “helicopter parenting” was pretty rare and I think kids were better off for it. Cannot stress enough that for at least 90% of these kids - it goes no further than high school soccer and it goes by quick so just enjoy watching them play.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how different I would be today if my parents were helicopter types.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how different I would be today if my parents were helicopter types.
          You would be amazing and everyone would like you and you would be great at everything. :)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X