Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Pre-ECNL" to ECNL Roster Turnover

Question for those that had a kid on an A team at an ECNL club during U12 year and then on the U13 ECNL team the following year; was your U13 ECNL roster roughly the same from the U12 season, or was there a large influx of kids from non-ECNL clubs that filled a good percentage of those spots?

The roster expands as U13 plays 11v11 and U12 ply 9v9. Yes it is a natural inflection point in which non ecnl players tryout for ecnl teams.

Comment

Teams like crossfire and SU will have little turnover, their spots are filled pretty much before tryouts. Other ecnl teams will have much larger turnover as better players look to join an ecnl team.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Teams like crossfire and SU will have little turnover, their spots are filled pretty much before tryouts. Other ecnl teams will have much larger turnover as better players look to join an ecnl team.
        Thats because they played up and already had a full roster.

Comment

There is an influx of players from non ECNL clubs at that age group, where things go to full field, big goals, 11 a side, etc. I am guessing every year has sort of a randomness to it, like some years there is lots of change and some maybe not so much. The higher tier in ECNL clubs should be safe when the switch is made, but those in the lower tier will be pushed out by new players. I am not sure how many of these kids and parents realize this will happen, I am sure it can be a surprise to some.

Comment

I think this year, the change is a bit more than usual, SU XF and Eastside FC seems to have lots of out side players trying out. I don't know how many of the outsiders made it to each club, but it seems like the tryouts were bigger than usual.

Comment

“Pre-ECNL” is so idiotic it’s criminal. Why label young kids with a BS league tag? What’s the frickin’ rush??!!

Comment

just goes to show that if you are on an ecnl team you can never become complacent. There are kids who are hungrier and are working harder than you and will take your roster spot.

Comment

“Pre-ECNL” is so idiotic it’s criminal. Why label young kids with a BS league tag? What’s the frickin’ rush??!!
                  Seems like it’s just a marketing attempt to differentiate their top team and make it seem more elite. In theory, all top teams at the U12 age group are Pre-ECNL

Comment

I believe 4-5 boys joined Eastside ENCL from a PSPL Team...I think most of them have done EPD over the years as well. At that age those at smaller clubs ready for more competition start venturing out.

Comment

just goes to show that if you are on an ecnl team you can never become complacent. There are kids who are hungrier and are working harder than you and will take your roster spot.
                      Yes, this is something kids need to realize. Those on the top bracket of a top team need to compete to get to scouted. Those in the middle bracket of a top team need to compete to get the starting position or leadership position. Those on the bottom bracket need to compete to become a starter and to maintain their position on the team. Those on the top and a lower team need to compete to beat out the bottom bracket kids on the top team. I may have mixed some words by mistake but you know what I mean.

This is one aspect on USA soccer I like, competition, no spot is secured.

Comment

I believe 4-5 boys joined Eastside ENCL from a PSPL Team...I think most of them have done EPD over the years as well. At that age those at smaller clubs ready for more competition start venturing out.
                        The roster is probably around 16-18 players, so that is quite a portion of the overall team. Is it usually like that?

Comment

The roster is probably around 16-18 players, so that is quite a portion of the overall team. Is it usually like that?
                          Probably not but this is the year that roster spots get added so it can happen from time to time.

Comment

Actually the roster is just 14 players for now...likely will add 1-2 more after the summer.

Comment

On my kids 2010 team, 8 kids of 14 were dropped in favor of outside talent. Brutal.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X