Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 best coaches at crossfire

..what do they get right? What makes them amazing ?

Number #1: Troy Letherman. We have been with Troy since 2017. His life is centered on soccer. He develops players. He has his own coaching philosophy. He won national titles. We had direct or indirect coaches on the boy side. No other one even gets close.

Comment

Justi gets a bad rap because she's shy and can be tough, but she was good for my daughter -- and no, my daughter wasn't a star on the team.

Comment

Well no way Bernie is not number 1

Comment

Good players gravitate to the top crossfire teams. Crossfire has no problem replacing you if a better players shows up. Thus if you are a pay and you play family, crossfire might not be the place for you.

Comment

Here are my top coaches at XF because they develop kids.
            Lindsay Elston
            Alex Cunliffe
            Angedd Kalsi
            Erik Storkson
            Andrew Kreiter

Coaches I’m not impressed with
            Justi B-not much feedback and doesn’t pay much attention at practice.
            Alex Neill- practices aren’t very organized
            Mark Metzger- pushes kids but the things he says seems like a liability for the club.

Comment

Bernie James has always been successful on the boys side

Comment

Leo Meric
                Gary Harris
                Troy Leatherman
                Dan Storm
                John Hurtado

all tier one

my observations are based on practices and talking to family & players from teams.

There are some bad ones but I won’t name names. Typical BS looking at the iPhone, collecting a check and don’t really give a F.

Comment

I'm at a lot of practices and games, I hear the way the coaches talk to the kids. Not in any particular order
                  Leatherman
                  Hurtado
                  Maric
                  Cunliffe (hard on the kids, but they know what's expected and he's always out on the field with them)
                  Elston

I've not been coaches side at any of Bernies or Justis games or practices so with no personal experience they didn't make my list

I think Rairdon and Crum are pretty good, humble willing to take lower teams and develop them, run a good session. Have not seen many of the lower boys teams so can't speak to some of their newer coaches.
                  Don't know much about Buehler, but the 06 team she was handed was in shambles and didn't win a game last year in div 2 and they are doing well this year.

Metzger is totally inappropriate at times, and not for everyone. He coached on of my kids, they went from bottom of 3rd div to undefeated and moved up a division. 5 kids were promoted to starter on the team above in the 2 years he coached the team, once they go to 11v11 you usually don't see that much movement. These kids didn't replace someone that moved out of town, kids from the higher team were moved down to make room for them. Not a good look for the coach above to be moving kids in the wrong direction. So say what you will about him, but his method seems to work.

Comment

I’ve got no issues with mark, he could coach my kid… they hear worse at school and the 5pm news.

Comment

I watched Metzger bully an inexperienced ref in a lower division game to waive off an obvious penalty call. For the rest of the game, the players on both teams did nothing but complain to the ref about every call. What an embarrassment.

Comment

Are you really saying ours refs are good?

Comment

Surprised to see Leo Maric on the list. As a parent from an opponent club, he seems like an insufferable ass. Have seen him absolutely embarrass his own players numerous times and was told that he quit on a team mid season because they weren’t successful for him. May not be true but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was.

Comment

Ed P is an assistant coach and should not be allowed to work with young females. Predatory behavior. Stay away.

Comment

That’s a pretty heavy accusation right there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X