Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Cup

Is there a qualification process for playing In state cup ?
    Is it open to all teams?

Unfortunately now the ECNL teams can’t participate.

Comment

I don’t think girls ecnl team have every been in the state cup. But I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        I don’t think girls ecnl team have every been in the state cup. But I could be wrong.
        You are correct. Before there was ECNL on the boys side the top teams could play however

Comment

There is no prohibition on an ECNL team participating. The only requirement is that the team be registered through WYS/USYS. Last years Boys 08 UYSA and ECNL champion was an ECNL team.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            There is no prohibition on an ECNL team participating. The only requirement is that the team be registered through WYS/USYS. Last years Boys 08 UYSA and ECNL champion was an ECNL team.
            Teams must compete in at least a 4-team approved league during the current seasonal year in Washington Youth Soccer, US Youth Soccer Regional League or US Youth Soccer National League, or with Washington Youth Soccer’s permission in another State Association, except for the Under 19 age group for boys and girls. The league competition must consist of a minimum of one game against each of 3 different teams participating in the league.

So, if an ECNL team played in a Regional or National League, they could compete. It's possible that other states have different rules for eligibility and don't have the same requirement.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X