Committed player

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a little secret. Maybe once players sign, they really don’t want to play club anymore. Thus, I larger roster maybe need to ensure that the team has enough players to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      I believe the jr, sophomore, and freshman on the 2020 roster also got the extra year. Thus, we will have the issue for 3 more years. Which sinks for the incoming 21, 22, 23, an 24 classes. Super seniors for years.
      If you are currently in the process or will be soon, make sure you understand how this impacts you. If you don't want to have your kid be a practice/bench player, make sure you target correctly. For most player this will mean having to make a compromise in quality of academics, division, conference, location, or student life. Best thing you can do for your player is to find a program and college where they have the best chance playing on the field. If you're a college freshman and can play at least 15 minutes or more in most games, I would consider this pretty good. If you play more than this, you targeted well. Good luck. But please, not more whining about the extra Covid year.

Comment

Sorry, but pointing out facts is not whining.
        The Covid year hurt the 21-24 class.

Also, BS on playing only 15 minutes. Go take Covid players position. Play with a chip on your shoulder

Comment

If you are currently in the process or will be soon, make sure you understand how this impacts you. If you don't want to have your kid be a practice/bench player, make sure you target correctly. For most player this will mean having to make a compromise in quality of academics, division, conference, location, or student life. Best thing you can do for your player is to find a program and college where they have the best chance playing on the field. If you're a college freshman and can play at least 15 minutes or more in most games, I would consider this pretty good. If you play more than this, you targeted well. Good luck. But please, not more whining about the extra Covid year.
          Best thing you can do for your player is listen and support their needs.

Comment

Why no whining? It has impacted high school aged kids the last two years massively. There are many teams (in all sports) with 24/25 year old college kids playing and it will happen again as said above for the next three years. For a scholarship limited sport it is HUGE. My son is going to play D1 next year and he will be playing against/with 5-6 5th, 6th year players on his team. It is what it is, but it's even harder now for sure.
            Your 15 minute rule is dumb, it depends on so many factors that can't be as easily broken down as that. How good is the team? Who is returning? Positional need and on and on. You might play none for a year and it's a great fit.

Comment

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ege-cup/?amp=1

Comment

6th year senior? Is this supposed to be a good thing?

Comment

Who is RR?
                  RIch Reece at SU

Comment

6th year senior? Is this supposed to be a good thing?
                    It perfectly illustrates how crappy D1 soccer actually can be. A guy that played mere minutes in two games is considered a “success story” by Jamie Clark? Insanity. I at least hope the kid is coming out with a Masters Degree from UW. Does the article make a single mention of Academics? Lol.

Comment

It perfectly illustrates how crappy D1 soccer actually can be. A guy that played mere minutes in two games is considered a “success story” by Jamie Clark? Insanity. I at least hope the kid is coming out with a Masters Degree from UW. Does the article make a single mention of Academics? Lol.
                      Seriously? Get a life.

Comment

You are missing the point. Perhaps D3 coaches don't get fired. D1 coaches do, they need to win. The point is around Covid and 6th year players. That player was stuck behind two players that got drafted in the first round. I am against 6 year college players, but it isn't his fault, the NCAA granted his eligibility.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X