Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPD question

Not looking to get into politics of EPD or whether or not it is a "solid" program. Just a question- are teams traveling to Arizona in Jan. 2022 for the ODP event?

I’m sure they are but it will be filled with subpar players from Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Not looking to get into politics of EPD or whether or not it is a "solid" program. Just a question- are teams traveling to Arizona in Jan. 2022 for the ODP event?
      EPD has said they are (and has asked for players' availability), but has not yet provided guidance on when rosters will be announced, whether there will be more trainings before rosters are announced, what the schedule is leading up to that trip in about 6 weeks, what the cost will be, whether there will be separate EWA teams or they will just combine the pools in light of the unavailability of ecnl players, or the other basic information you would expect from any competent organization.

Comment

EPD has said they are (and has asked for players' availability), but has not yet provided guidance on when rosters will be announced, whether there will be more trainings before rosters are announced, what the schedule is leading up to that trip in about 6 weeks, what the cost will be, whether there will be separate EWA teams or they will just combine the pools in light of the unavailability of ecnl players, or the other basic information you would expect from any competent organization.
        Thank you. Super frustrating. From my experience it has been organized before. My player has gone 3x

Comment

EPD has been horribly managed for a few years, the past 18 months has been even more horrible. We still don’t know who my daughters coach is, when training will be, or if there’s even an actual team at this point.

Comment

Younger Teams left for inter-regionals … I’m sure it’s an expensive trip, I sure hope the level of play is worth the $$$

Comment

Younger Teams left for inter-regionals … I’m sure it’s an expensive trip, I sure hope the level of play is worth the $$$
              It’s not.

Comment

EPD has been horribly managed for a few years, the past 18 months has been even more horrible. We still don’t know who my daughters coach is, when training will be, or if there’s even an actual team at this point.
                What happened to EPD? or maybe it was always like this?
                Has there been a major management change?

Comment

What happened to EPD? or maybe it was always like this?
                  Has there been a major management change?
                  Turned into a $ grab.

Comment

Turned into a $ grab.
                    It has always been a money grab (but not the worst one and generally worthwhile for what it is). And Bastien, who has run it for a long time (and presumably gets paid something for that from the hundreds of dollars hundreds of people shell out for the program), has never been the world’s best communicator. But the lack of planning and communication this year has been next level— a month out from regionals and it’s been crickets for a month, with no November training and no word on when rosters will be announced.

Comment

My daughter was previously invited to Region IV camp but had no idea Inter-regionals were occurring, nor did her other teammates from regional camp. In fact, she saw some Instagram posts from Washington kids in Florida that weren’t even at regional camp. There hasn’t been a single training and not even sure if they are still planning Arizona in January. We probably
                      wont go anyways. Have to imagine it will be a disaster sending a te that hasn’t even trained together once.

Comment

It has always been a money grab (but not the worst one and generally worthwhile for what it is). And Bastien, who has run it for a long time (and presumably gets paid something for that from the hundreds of dollars hundreds of people shell out for the program), has never been the world’s best communicator. But the lack of planning and communication this year has been next level— a month out from regionals and it’s been crickets for a month, with no November training and no word on when rosters will be announced.
                        Yeah its pretty bad, maybe it will get better but I think people should seriously consider alternatives. Surf Academy, private training, or do nothing since it really is all a waste of money for most kids.

Comment

EPD even worse organized here on the East Side, have always felt the program was a bit disorganized with poor communication and overfilled training fields, this year considering they couldn't even provide coaching line ups and only 2 trainings before going to Arizona decided to stay away

Comment

EPD even worse organized here on the East Side, have always felt the program was a bit disorganized with poor communication and overfilled training fields, this year considering they couldn't even provide coaching line ups and only 2 trainings before going to Arizona decided to stay away
                            Wow, sounds like you guys have it really bad over there. What alternatives, if any, do you have for EPD? The west side has Surf Academy.

Comment

Wow, sounds like you guys have it really bad over there. What alternatives, if any, do you have for EPD? The west side has Surf Academy.
                              Sounders and Surf both have GA now. Sounders has Boys ECNL, WE has EAL so there’s no real point in EPD anymore.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X