Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound FC falling apart

I am curious if Sound will make it another year? There seems to be so much falling apart and being supported by NSC that I often wonder how much longer they will stay afloat. They no longer have teams in age groups where there used to be (08 specifically) but I am sure there are others. What keeps this club from finding success? Director? Board? Demographics? All of the above? I would also say the fact that it is spread out all over the north and east of I5 makes this less desirable for families who don't want to drive to the woodinville sports fields when they live say in mill creek or the likes of that area. Do they just drive north to Rush or South to SU if this club isn't doing well? I guess the same goes for those in the woodinville catchment area- do they go to XFIRE, Rush, SU? What is holding this club back from not being successful?

Sound has been a disaster for years. It’s amazing that they have held on this long.

Comment

Sound has one valuable commodity. An RCL geographic monopoly. They need to figure out how to leverage it better because good players are moving to other clubs (I heard several B08s moved to SU thiw year). I don't know what they would do on the boys side and who knows about the personalities involved, but Sound and Reign could make an interesting alliance on the girls' side. Gets the Reign into RCL and gives Sound something to sell. Maybe Lyon would allow some different branding on Boys' side.

Comment

Sound has been plagued with mismanagement for years and from what I hear of the last guy outright thievery and lies. It does finally seem to be finding some stable footing, but going to take a while to regain families and area coaches trust. If they can maintain a decent level of coaching, at some point folks that have been driving to further clubs will start to see the opportunities closer to home. Their girls side seems to have come through better than their boys.

Comment

Tough to sell with equal or better teams at Northshore Select at a way lower cost, and much better teams at the local premier clubs playing ECNL. Being in the RCL meant something 10 years ago, now it doesn't.

Comment

They're muddling along in the unenviable position of being stuck between two clubs (Snohomish and XFire) who have ECNL to offer. Many top players move to those clubs when the opportunity presents itself, though moving from Sound A to Snohomish ECNL looks like it's been a lateral move at best.

Comment

Snohomish ECNL is kind of silly. Does ECNL ever get rid of underperforming clubs or do they get to stay as long as the checks continue to clear?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X