Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men’s Div 1 playoffs

NCAA had their playoff brackets announced today via live stream. UW men were 2nd seed behind OSU men. UW has a BYE for the first round and will play host to the winner of the university of Portland vs seattle University in portland on Thursday. UW appears to be playing Sunday evening.
    Any predictions? I’ll go - UW winning against Portland.

This team sure is FAST and their tactics is very hard to break down. I would think with the success they have had they will be a final four contender for sure if not a national champ. The true TEAM environment seems to be there as they have had something crazy with 12 different players scoring for them (I think that's what I last heard). Ryan Sailor seems to really have grown into the role as a true goal scoring center back as well with his dominance on set pieces. My older teenage son, although not good enough for UW, is being recruited by some other Div 1 schools, is enjoying being here and watching such high level soccer. If you haven't been to the different divisions of soccer here in WA I suggest you go and have a real self evaluation of how good you are in comparison to these teams. My son had to really evaluate his level of play against the history of the UW success to realize he wasn't at that level. Well that and the fact he was told they are not interested in him haha

Comment

Some interesting games a d matchups

Comment

UE men beat Univ of Portland at home last night in the second round of playoffs. This after Univ of Portland beat Seattle Univ.
        UW men are now on to the sweet 16 at home against NCAA national finalist last year University of Indiana. This should also be a challenging game and another sell out! Go Dawgs!

Comment

After beating Univ of Indians in overtime the huskies are now on to the elite 8. Hosting at UW on Saturday at 5:00pm against St Louis. This game will for sure sell out as a 1,000 tickets have already sold. It’s been a long time for the huskies to make it to the final four and this could just be the year they do it. Hope that Dylan Teves continues his scoring streak with two back to back hat tricks!

Comment

WAY TO GO UW Huskies!!!! On to the final 4 teams in the country; what an accomplishment! This team came out and had their butts handed to them for the first 10 min. of the game against St Louis. They then found their groove from my untrained eye and really turned the table around and made the most of their tactical prowess and really handed St. Louis their first loss of the season. The GK Sam Fowler was fantastic defending the goal and making some very big saves. With so much attention on Dylan Teves, the other forward with the face mask (Gio I think he is called) was able to take advantage and score 2 BIG goals. Now to take on Georgetown-- really anything in these next 2 games is possible. Bummed OSU lost as that would have been one heck of a rematch in the finals of the tournament to have UW v OSU playing for the title of National Champs-- anyways, good luck to the Huskies- well deserved!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X