Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAC Tournament

Anybody have any feedback on the January tournament put on my PAC?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Anybody have any feedback on the January tournament put on my PAC?
    It's stupid to do a tournament in Washington in January

Comment

Not horrible for the younger ages at starfire. Can warm up and grab some pizza. Older kids are spread out all over the place sometimes with late starts, 8pm KO. Pac has cheated against us in this tournament, kid playing on the field behind us was all of the sudden playing in our game too after they went a goal down. Tournament head totally blew me off when I went to complain. Fortunately the coach from the game the player left showed up to complain as well, and he was the director at another club, game was thrown out as forfeit for Pac. This was a persistent problem at Pac from the top down, and part of their club culture for several years, guest player ECNL in div 3 to get the win etc. It is for this reason that many local clubs have decided not to participate in the tournament and give pac $$.

Comment

Why are some ECNL league games part of this tournament? How does that work and why?

Comment

its cold and its not alot of fun.

Comment

its cold and its not alot of fun.
            As a PacNW parent, I can't help but agree. I hate this tournament.

Comment

Arguably the ****tiest run tournament in Washington. 8 am KO and 8PM KO for teams alike.

Comment

Don’t waste your time.

Comment

Not horrible for the younger ages at starfire. Can warm up and grab some pizza. Older kids are spread out all over the place sometimes with late starts, 8pm KO. Pac has cheated against us in this tournament, kid playing on the field behind us was all of the sudden playing in our game too after they went a goal down. Tournament head totally blew me off when I went to complain. Fortunately the coach from the game the player left showed up to complain as well, and he was the director at another club, game was thrown out as forfeit for Pac. This was a persistent problem at Pac from the top down, and part of their club culture for several years, guest player ECNL in div 3 to get the win etc. It is for this reason that many local clubs have decided not to participate in the tournament and give pac $$.

these are the amazing comments to me. I don’t love this tournament but the ECNL player playing D3 is comical. Pac does not do this…EVER. Neither does any other club. What jokester parents like this see is an ECNL patch on a girl arm. What that means is that pac or WP or whoever occasionally bring this kid up to the ECNL team to play with them.
                  the only time I have seen a pac or WP player play down is when a field player drops down to play goalie on a team below. Eastside had a couple ECNL players drop to their red team and play because they were getting in shape during a xfire tournament. Who cares! Beat the best if you want to win the tournament. People complain about having to play against better players?
                  I love it when my kid plays against the best. Let her get smoked a couple times and adjust and learn.
                  Can’t believe this site is free.

Comment

these are the amazing comments to me. I don’t love this tournament but the ECNL player playing D3 is comical. Pac does not do this…EVER. Neither does any other club. What jokester parents like this see is an ECNL patch on a girl arm. What that means is that pac or WP or whoever occasionally bring this kid up to the ECNL team to play with them.
                    the only time I have seen a pac or WP player play down is when a field player drops down to play goalie on a team below. Eastside had a couple ECNL players drop to their red team and play because they were getting in shape during a xfire tournament. Who cares! Beat the best if you want to win the tournament. People complain about having to play against better players?
                    I love it when my kid plays against the best. Let her get smoked a couple times and adjust and learn.
                    there is a whole other conversation on another thread about how this has been done by PNW and/or WP. That said - doing it in a tournament is one thing, teams have kids on vacations and trying to fill spots. It’s a whole other issue if done during league play in order to secure some wins and position in the table to move up.

Comment

Odd post, but the comment that you "can't believe this site is free" completely perplexes me.

Please explain. Sorry if I'm the dummy here.

Comment

there is a whole other conversation on another thread about how this has been done by PNW and/or WP. That said - doing it in a tournament is one thing, teams have kids on vacations and trying to fill spots. It’s a whole other issue if done during league play in order to secure some wins and position in the table to move up.
                        Playing a kid "down" shouldn't occur. Play a kid "up" from the b,c, or d team. Or play a kid up a year. So many other solutions besides playing a kid down. The only situation I can see where it might be somewhat acceptable is at keeper. But even then I think it is not good form.

The outside perception of playing "down" is distasteful. Playing a kid "up" benefits the kid playing up significantly.

if you have so many kids out that you can't field a team without brining kids "down" maybe you shouldn't have scheduled the tournament.

Comment

Playing a kid "down" shouldn't occur. Play a kid "up" from the b,c, or d team. Or play a kid up a year. So many other solutions besides playing a kid down. The only situation I can see where it might be somewhat acceptable is at keeper. But even then I think it is not good form.

The outside perception of playing "down" is distasteful. Playing a kid "up" benefits the kid playing up significantly.

if you have so many kids out that you can't field a team without brining kids "down" maybe you shouldn't have scheduled the tournament.
                          This is what occurs. You have to have an ECNL patch to play in ECNL games and tournaments so parents think someone with an ECNL patch is playing down when really it’s players that are moved up to give them a chance to be seen by the ECNL coach in actual games.

Comment

This is what occurs. You have to have an ECNL patch to play in ECNL games and tournaments so parents think someone with an ECNL patch is playing down when really it’s players that are moved up to give them a chance to be seen by the ECNL coach in actual games.
                            This is complete bull****

There is no requirement to have a patch on your shirt. You just need to be on the roster and have a player card.

Not saying your reasoning is incorrect, but the patch is not a requirement. Stop talking about something you clearly know nothing about.

Comment

If a 2nd team player is also rostered for ECNL, the club will issue them a patch for their game uniforms. It’s as simple as that!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X