Difference between top and second teams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure you are not talking about pacnw?
    all solid players, but no creativity, lol.
    at least on the girls side.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

XF, although a good club with teams in many age groups at the top, don't produce many D1 or pro players. You would think they were a factory based on youth and teenage team performances.
      Really, you think there is another club that produces more D1 players? The current team will likely have 6-8 go to top D1 programs. Last year was a smaller group due to Covid, but most years 5-8 D1. No other program even close.

Comment

Game on. Check their playing times. Are they power 5?
        Are you sure you want to start this fight?

Like I said, all good players, but no creativity. Take the compliment as a win.

Dominate the big sky and be happy.

You did see the national championship game, right?

Comment

Be careful calling schools top
          D1. I would love to know what you consider top D1?
          wsu
          Gonzaga
          northwestern
          osu

Playing college soccer at any level is an awesome accomplishment. The players will have a great time in college and have a chance to come out with a nice degree. I congratulate all of them.

Nothing wrong with playing at a mid major, getting some of your school paid for, and having a great college experience.

But please, don’t call these programs Top D1 soccer program.

That is like saying that the ecnl awards actually go to the best players on their team or league.

Comment

Game on. Check their playing times. Are they power 5?
            Are you sure you want to start this fight?

Like I said, all good players, but no creativity. Take the compliment as a win.

Dominate the big sky and be happy.

You did see the national championship game, right?
            Yes, I am sure. Let me know which club you think has more players in D1. I would consider Pac 12, Ivy and WCC to be top programs. What does the Nat championship have to do with anything, it was a team of international players in West Virginia.

Comment

You do know there is this think called the internet.
              Clubs post their commits.
              They also put a picture of the commit and the name of the schools.
              Some may consider these things as facts.

I am not sure, just kidding, but I believe a few XF girls played well in the national championship game.

I am not a XF homer, but facts are facts.

Your move.

Comment

You do know there is this think called the internet.
                Clubs post their commits.
                They also put a picture of the commit and the name of the schools.
                Some may consider these things as facts.

I am not sure, just kidding, but I believe a few XF girls played well in the national championship game.

I am not a XF homer, but facts are facts.

Your move.

Finally an honest man on here and not a delusional parent.

Comment

Your right . Kids get coached here from a very early age and become really bad by about u15 as all of their natural instincts have been coached out of them until they become just another average player, they get told to kick it as far as they can down the channels and chase like a greyhound . That may win games against other bang average teams but does nothing for improving your game .

Comment

Your right . Kids get coached here from a very early age and become really bad by about u15 as all of their natural instincts have been coached out of them until they become just another average player, they get told to kick it as far as they can down the channels and chase like a greyhound . That may win games against other bang average teams but does nothing for improving your game .
                    Agree - and it’s extremely boring to watch. Like a tennis match watching the ball just go back and forth from one end to the other. While I do think speed and quickness is extremely important, having strong footwork is also key. Being fast does you no good if the ball bounces a mile off your shin every time. The other tricky intangible to spot and encourage are kids who have good vision and anticipation for the next play and see the open pockets - but also can distribute the ball well. We see so many through balls that would be great passes - but are always hit too hard and end up a turnover.

Comment

Usually it’s Tavel and quality of tournaments. There is some very good second teams. I think it depends on best fit for your son or daughter.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X