Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match Ball Quality

As a noob, I was told to start a new thread, so ...

what's up with the match balls most teams use, especially at the younger ages? Rules specify a Fifa quality ball (which is not possible at size 4), yet teams bring some deflated rubber crap to play with. Do referees enforce the ball quality rules at all?

There are “fifa quality” size 4 balls. In fact this one is “fifa quality pro”:

https://www.adidas.com/us/tiro-compe...ll/FS0392.html

At U12 and below, the refs don’t care what ball is used as long as it’s round and not flat. Coaches really are the ones that will (and should) enforce quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      There are “fifa quality” size 4 balls. In fact this one is “fifa quality pro”:

Interestingly enough, I have this exact ball in size 4, and it's not Fifa Pro stamped, only size 5 is. The official list of Fifa Quality Size 4 balls is actually very small, and I don't think any of those are available in the US. Regardless. it is possible to buy balls that are almost exactly like Fifa Pro quality but don't have the official stamp on them, but I have yet to see any of those balls being used during the matches - I mostly see deflated Nike Pitch Trainings or something like that.

https://www.fifa.com/technical/footb...all%20Size%204

Comment

Honestly at the ages where they are using size 4s, who really cares as long as it’s inflated? Kids in South America are playing in the streets with whatever they can find. I’ll gladly play a U11 game with a Nike Pitch Training.

Comment

Puma has great variety of affordable balls

Comment

A ball is a ball !!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X