Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastside tournament

Anybody play at the Eastside tournament at Starfire? Curious to see how it went.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Anybody play at the Eastside tournament at Starfire? Curious to see how it went.
    https://www.starfiresports.com/youth...ent-schedules/

Comment

It was OK. It’s been terrible when they have had it before so it was definitely an improvement.

Comment

It always surprises me EFC doesn't host this at Preston plus some school fields. I know Starfire has more fields, but they don't get that big of a showing of teams to make it unmanageable. By using the prebuilt Starfire tournament model it saves EFC time and effort, but it doesn't build the tournament as any kind of "premier" event that anyone cares about. It's just another starfire tournament.

Comment

Preston doesn’t have anywhere near the parking needed. Overall it was a worthwhile tournament. The timing is good- it’s not really competing with other tourneys, the facilities are good, all they need is a better turnout from the top teams.

Easy local end of summer tournament and a nice warm up to the season. Good enough for me.

Comment

Agreed. It was good that WP sent a bunch of their teams from a competitive standpoint.

Comment

For ECNL teams, this could be 1 of 3 good tournaments. Rainier Challenge early summer, crossfire challenge mid summer, and EFC cup end of summer. Throw in Surf Cup and maybe another out of state tourney along with ECNL events and you have a pretty fun summer.

Comment

Playing ECNL teams in another local tournament is just paying a premium to play the same teams yet again. I wonder if this tournament is just too late in summer to attract non local teams.

Comment

Playing ECNL teams in another local tournament is just paying a premium to play the same teams yet again. I wonder if this tournament is just too late in summer to attract non local teams.
                  Yes it is too late and the tournament has no history or pedigree
                  to attract teams. But the timing is good for local teams that want one more set of games in with a full squad as most vacations are over by then. I’m surprised some of the better PSPL teams didn’t participate but maybe if it grows in reputation it will.

Comment

It’s too late in season to attract out of state teams. It’s a good local tournament, we’ll run at a good facility (not many kids tournaments where you can get a beer- thank you Starfire). If more ecnl teams play, PSPL teams will come.

Comment

Just want to say slightly offtopic as a newcomer dad of a u9 player: this is my new favorite forum. Getting the Usenet newsgroup vibe from back in the days: anonymous, a lot of good info and appropriate banter to boot. Please feel free to call me names. Looking forward to discussing local football stuff in the future.

Comment

Slightly off topic?

welcome noob…

now start a thread!

;)

Comment

For ECNL teams, this could be 1 of 3 good tournaments. Rainier Challenge early summer, crossfire challenge mid summer, and EFC cup end of summer. Throw in Surf Cup and maybe another out of state tourney along with ECNL events and you have a pretty fun summer.

ECNL teams, especially girls high school age teams won’t play here due to being released to play school ball and Eastside Cup has a reputation for being a mid to lower level tourney

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X