X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre ECNL

https://www.ecnlgirls.com/

Does anyone know what Pre-ECNL is? There is a menu item in the header for it but not much content below it.

It’s marketing.

Comment

I think it just means the A team of a club that is in an age group that doesn't have ECNL. So instead of calling the B2013 top team the "A Team". It would be
      "Springfield CIty Soccer Club B2013 Pre-ECNL"
      vs
      "Springfield CIty Soccer Club B2013 A Team"

I think.

Comment

My guess is they are trying to create a third division league. Honestly with all the competing leagues locally, if ECNL could pull off a "national premier/select league" and actually have local to regional to national relegation and promotion through divisions that would be good. I doubt that will happen though.

Comment

Pre ECNL has been around for many years. Some clubs put their teams that are entering into ECNL the following year into a PRE-ECNL division. I dont think the NW Clubs do - but there are a few Pre-ECNL divisions around. I think, this year - the Pre-ECNL would be the 2010's

Comment

Some local clubs have called their teams that. The worst part of the ECNL thing is that the lower teams change names. Tango becomes Copa etc. Makes it confusing for teams for a year :)

Comment

Psychological conditioning. Pre-ECNL means the club will take your money soon, just not yet. It’s not a badge of honor, and neither is ECNL. It’s just a league that helps the club’s marketing by attracting players/parents who think leagues matter more than daily training and quality coaching and would pay top dollar to be on an ECNL team or pre-ECNL team even if the coaching is poor and the environment sucks. Slap “ECNL” on it and suckers pay. Nothing more than that.

Comment

if they're going to expand to younger ages it's weird to use the term "pre-ecnl", they should just call it ecnl

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                  Some local clubs have called their teams that. The worst part of the ECNL thing is that the lower teams change names. Tango becomes Copa etc. Makes it confusing for teams for a year :)
                  LOL yes, this took awhile for me to understand. When the "A" team grows into the ECNL team than the "B" team becomes the "A" team lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                    Psychological conditioning. Pre-ECNL means the club will take your money soon, just not yet. It’s not a badge of honor, and neither is ECNL. It’s just a league that helps the club’s marketing by attracting players/parents who think leagues matter more than daily training and quality coaching and would pay top dollar to be on an ECNL team or pre-ECNL team even if the coaching is poor and the environment sucks. Slap “ECNL” on it and suckers pay. Nothing more than that.
                    Yep . Once parents are caught there is no escaping .

Comment

Sounds like a money grab to me

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X