Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snohomish United?

Hello just moved to this area and was looking at ecnl clubs for my 14 year old son. Snohomish United is the closest to where we live so I tried to find out more about the club. I looked them up on Instagram and all they seem to have is pictures of their field. No teams, no accomplishments, nothing. Just empty grass fields. Do they even play soccer? lol.

I tried emailing them a few weeks ago and got no reply. How is this an ecnl team? Are the standards so low in this area?

Try crossfire

Comment

It’s still somewhat of a shock that they ever were included in ECNL. I do think that they could be better across the board if they kept their own kids in area but the reality is that the top kids go to XF. They fit the bill locationwise but that’s it. Now with XF having 2 ECNL teams Snohomish will lose kids to the second team as well.

What I don’t know is how long they will continue to be ECNL, at least on the boys side.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Hello just moved to this area and was looking at ecnl clubs for my 14 year old son. Snohomish United is the closest to where we live so I tried to find out more about the club. I looked them up on Instagram and all they seem to have is pictures of their field. No teams, no accomplishments, nothing. Just empty grass fields. Do they even play soccer? lol.

I tried emailing them a few weeks ago and got no reply. How is this an ecnl team? Are the standards so low in this area?
        I'm in your neck of the woods. Welcome.

I'd say it depends on your players skill level and how competitive they want to be. - There are a handful of girls from the Snohomish area that have left and play for other ECNL clubs (XF/SeaUnited) - Snohomish is a small club that I think got lucky with an ECNL on the boys side.. its a matter of demographics... less of a player pool than other areas. If your son is a top player and can complete, I'd recommend checking out XF first. its not a terrible drive and its the most organized club around... not perfect.. If he's a good player that can hang on an ECNL team - Snohomish may be OK, but they dont compete for top of bracket anywhere. Rush is well organized for the most part, but is also a medium size club that has problems competing with the big boys (or girls). On the boys side, XF has 2 ECNL teams at most age groups... both are usually competitive in ECNL.

Snohomish had some success on the girls side... but those teams are toast. Snohomish isn't well organized, although their intent is good.

Comment

On boys' side, it is like Vandy football in the SEC. Pride from being in a great confernece but you lose a lot. I mean a lot.

Comment

You're better off looking into Seattle United.

Comment

Snohomish United parents like to yell at the refs and are generally obnoxious.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X