Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

~ 6 EPD trainings (and I think there are more) turns out to be roughly $50 per training. That's what you pay for your DD's private sessions anyways. But to play as part of a team with good players from different clubs, maybe play a different position or style, learn from a different from coach, not an outlandish expense in my mind. If it is, all expenses for club soccer are a waste of money. Why do you bother to troll then?
    I agree. It’s an opportunity to play with other good players from other clubs with a different coach and perhaps play a different position. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Still no coaches for East Washington. A few age group with single digit pools. Wonder if they even bother this year.

Comment

Also in EWA -- HS girls to try out during practices, but practices still no scheduled.

Comment

~ 6 EPD trainings (and I think there are more) turns out to be roughly $50 per training. That's what you pay for your DD's private sessions anyways. But to play as part of a team with good players from different clubs, maybe play a different position or style, learn from a different from coach, not an outlandish expense in my mind. If it is, all expenses for club soccer are a waste of money. Why do you bother to troll then?
          Plus, my kid gets a sweatshirt to wear around the fields which allows me to "Big Time" the other parents because my kid is superior to theirs.

/s

Comment

Plus, my kid gets a sweatshirt to wear around the fields which allows me to "Big Time" the other parents because my kid is superior to theirs.

/s
            LOL,I didn't know EDP was for parents to show off.

Comment

/s
              Inferiority complex anyone?

Comment

Inferiority complex anyone?
                I’m quite sure tongue was planted firmly in cheek. The joys of internet chat rooms….

Comment

Is there a link that posts the players. Thanks

Comment

there's a link off of the Washington youth soccer home page... just click on player pools in the EPD part of the page

Comment

https://www.letmegooglethat.com/?q=W...ate+team+pools

Comment

I'm new to this soccer thing, is EPD for U11 worthwhile? Is it too late to join? I know tryouts are over, but was wondering if you could still jump in (like joining another club during the year). Is it hard to manage with club and other competitive sports?

Comment

$35 big bucks to figure out this out. Folks got away cheap. The real tragedy begins the $350 pool fee when the 11 has been picked already and they are
                          finding the 7 subs for Arizona. Then, $1500 for Arizona. Then, $1000? for Regional camp. Then, $2500+? for Florida. Better to save your money
                          for college. EPD is a good experience, but again, ID camps, videos, showcases, and good grades will open more doors if the goal is to be recruited.

That is a ton of money on top of regular club fees. Over the course of 5 years can we expect over $25,000 to be spent, on YOUTH soccer. If these clubs and EPD programs were producing college scholarships at a decent rate than I can see the investment. What are the percentage of players from a big club's A team, or an EPD player gaining a scholarship? 10% 1%? any guesses

Comment

I'm new to this soccer thing, is EPD for U11 worthwhile? Is it too late to join? I know tryouts are over, but was wondering if you could still jump in (like joining another club during the year). Is it hard to manage with club and other competitive sports?

It probably is too late, but if you are very interested and you think your kid has a real chance of making it, I would at least send an email and see what happens, you never know.

It isn't a huge commitment, about one training session every other weekend. There are potential away games, but those should be announced far ahead of time, and only the top EPD players get invited to those.

Is it worthwhile? I think so. It gives kids a chance to practice with other players at a high level, outside their usual club team. The kids know it is a very competitive environment and seem to take it seriously. There is zero coaching or feedback, it basically is paying for your kid to scrimmage fyi,

Comment

It probably is too late, but if you are very interested and you think your kid has a real chance of making it, I would at least send an email and see what happens, you never know.

It isn't a huge commitment, about one training session every other weekend. There are potential away games, but those should be announced far ahead of time, and only the top EPD players get invited to those.

Is it worthwhile? I think so. It gives kids a chance to practice with other players at a high level, outside their usual club team. The kids know it is a very competitive environment and seem to take it seriously. There is zero coaching or feedback, it basically is paying for your kid to scrimmage fyi,
                              Huh, It is basically scrimmaging and you have to pay for this crrraaappp. I LOVE AMERICA!

Comment

What is EPD and is this open to all players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X