Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

07 Boys

I just noticed that there are not any threads for the 2007 boys. Let's stir the pot a little on this chill Saturday evening. An interesting year as this is the first year for Timbers Academy under the timbers MLS Next format. In fact, they have played a few games already.

I got......

1- UPDX
    3- Westside Copa
    4- ADF
    5- Who cares?

Or will the vaunted UPDX take a Timbers Academy hit and not be able to recover? Who else lost a bunch of boys this year?

Ya, I skipped a 2. UPDX is two steps ahead of the rest.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just noticed that there are not any threads for the 2007 boys. Let's stir the pot a little on this chill Saturday evening. An interesting year as this is the first year for Timbers Academy under the timbers MLS Next format. In fact, they have played a few games already.

I got......

1- UPDX
    3- Westside Copa
    4- ADF
    5- Who cares?

Or will the vaunted UPDX take a Timbers Academy hit and not be able to recover? Who else lost a bunch of boys this year?

Westside 07s are being coached by Cony this year, which should make things interesting at least...

Comment

I got......

1- UPDX
      3- Westside Copa
      4- ADF
      5- Who cares?

Congratulations. You are the first one to look at this mediocre age group and decide that it needs it's own thread. I am not sure if that says more about this age group, or more about you. Either way, congrats on being mediocre.

Comment

Congratulations. You are the first one to look at this mediocre age group and decide that it needs it's own thread. I am not sure if that says more about this age group, or more about you. Either way, congrats on being mediocre.
        Has nothing to do with skill level, and everything to do with the parents not being insane like the other age groups.

Comment

Has nothing to do with skill level, and everything to do with the parents not being insane like the other age groups.
          Not sure. I wonder if the owner of the website is an instigator in half these pages. They benefit from having views/ post (increased revenue) more than any parent with an axe to grind. I really doubt there are this many crazy parents out there. Maybe a few.

People like the post above saying a whole age group is mediocre is an example of the rampant baseless BS here.

Comment

UPDX will be fine, even with Timbers Academy losses. They only lost a few and got plenty of replacements. Westside should be able to give them a decent challenge. OPFC might get some legs from some recruiting additions. PCU might be able to field a more competitive team just through sheer increase in volume and a new coach. ADF lost too many to stay competitive, or so it seems. And isn't there a new club down around Woodburn that might be able to put something together? Albion?

Comment

Is Albion the new IFC Hurrican? Or is IFC still around too?

Comment

Albion appears to be related somehow to Woodburn FC.

Comment

Albion is flailing Southside, rebranded.

Comment

Crossfire

Super Group

West side 4-1 vs Eastside FC ECNL
                    OPFC 3-1 vs PACNW ECNL

Comment

Correction

Super Group

West side 4-1 vs Eastside FC ECNL
                      OPFC 3-1 vs PACNW ECNL
                      I think the Westside is vs Spokane Sounders ECNL...looks like an error on posting. They play Eastside tomorrow.

Also...Washington Timbers lost 0-1 to XF ECNLR (Gold Bracket)

Comment

I think the Westside is vs Spokane Sounders ECNL...looks like an error on posting. They play Eastside tomorrow.

Also...Washington Timbers lost 0-1 to XF ECNLR (Gold Bracket)
                        several errors on the website. A bunch of tomorrow's games have scores throughout age groups.

OPFC actually looked pretty good. Will see how they hold up against X fire 2's tomorrow though.

Westside looked good as well in a tight win over a quality club. Should win their grouping.

Rooting for both these teams- and all Oregon teams up here this week.

Comment

Tough Weekend

Tough weekend for 07...

Crossfire, only Westside made any kind of run

PCU Classic...SCA won and Hillsboro packed a team and played Silver to pad the stat sheet. It was a have and have not tournament.

Next week Beaverton Cup...Westside and UPDX 07 playing a merged bracket with 06. Should be interesting. Not expecting much. It should give us only 2 good games...WST vs UPDX 07s and WST vs EST 06s.

Comment

Tough weekend for 07...

Crossfire, only Westside made any kind of run

PCU Classic...SCA won and Hillsboro packed a team and played Silver to pad the stat sheet. It was a have and have not tournament.

Next week Beaverton Cup...Westside and UPDX 07 playing a merged bracket with 06. Should be interesting. Not expecting much. It should give us only 2 good games...WST vs UPDX 07s and WST vs EST 06s.
                            It's been a weird summer for these tournaments. Not much travel for a lot of teams. Mt Hood is the last of the local tournaments and hoping heat doesn't end up being a problem again.

Comment

Mt Hood Challenge...an impressive showing by Westside 07 playing in the 06 premier bracket. They would have won the 07 bracket based on the way they played. When you look at the 07 bracket overall, it was't a good tourney.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X