Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northwest League

Hmmm...yet another attempt at broadening growth. This is the carrot that UPDX used to heavily recruit from other teams this year.

https://www.usysnationalleague.com/n...021-22-season/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hmmm...yet another attempt at broadening growth. This is the carrot that UPDX used to heavily recruit from other teams this year.

Recruit players to get $$$$ for overhead. Same outcomes on the field.

Revenue growth trumps all.

Comment

What, is the Elite Academy League not enough? (Both µPDX and 0PFC seem to be involved in both, and CFC only in the latter).

Of course, none of these is at the same level as BECNL, let alone MLS Next. How this differs from NWCL or other regional platforms (other than now there are trips to Utah involved, rather than just to Seattle or Coeur d'Alene) I'm not entirely sure.

Comment

What, is the Elite Academy League not enough? (Both µPDX and 0PFC seem to be involved in both, and CFC only in the latter).

Of course, none of these is at the same level as BECNL, let alone MLS Next. How this differs from NWCL or other regional platforms (other than now there are trips to Utah involved, rather than just to Seattle or Coeur d'Alene) I'm not entirely sure.
        And if I were a player who left my old club to play in THAT, I'd feel kind of foolish.

Sad thing is that this probably will "work" (i.e. be attractive to players and parents) and sooner or later, we'll see Westside, FC, Eastside and a few others signing up as well). Soccer will only be marginally better, but more expensive.

Comment

This is the EAL dumass. It is the northwest league, of the EAL. I understand that reading and comprehension are not a requirement to bash kids and clubs on here, but it certainly saves you from revealing just how ignorant and clueless you really are.

Comment

This is the EAL dumass. It is the northwest league, of the EAL. I understand that reading and comprehension are not a requirement to bash kids and clubs on here, but it certainly saves you from revealing just how ignorant and clueless you really are.
            I'm pretty sure that this: https://www.usysnationalleague.com/n...021-22-season/

is different from this: https://eliteacademyleague.com/northwest-pacific/

Different, though overlapping, cast of characters. Both leagues sanctioned by USYS, one is run by it directly, the other is an external league.

Comment

It’s not the same idiot. This is merely a vehicle that gives these clubs a path to USYS Nationals. It’s essentially the same thing as the old NWCL. I imagine it will be event based vs. am actual league. By the way, it’s dumbass not dumass, dumbass.

Comment

It’s not the same idiot. This is merely a vehicle that gives these clubs a path to USYS Nationals. It’s essentially the same thing as the old NWCL. I imagine it will be event based vs. am actual league. By the way, it’s dumbass not dumass, dumbass.
                Maybe they were using the French surname of Dumas? 😆

Comment

When we reach soccer nirvana, each blue-chip club in town will be in a different travel league, so none will have to ever play each other, and all can be elite.

And to paraphrase the bad guy in _The Incredibles_, when every club is elite, none will be.

Comment

Northwest Conference is a subset of/ feeder to the USYS National league. The Elite League thing is a new one that United and CFC joined but the competition looks mediocre. You missed whining about the USL something or other that United and CFC also involved themselves in. So many acronyms so little time.

Comment

Interesting...

I find it curious that one of their weekends for games is Portland and is the SAME weekend of the Timbers Alliance College showcase...with a lot of colleges in town.

I am SURE this is MERELY a COINCIDENCE.

A watered down league, nothing but a scam.

Should earn your way in to new "upper" league, instead of just agreeing to pay.

How many teams still have ECNL in their name at tournament and then gets taken to the woodshed by all the teams without an ECNL banner?!?!?

Comment

any word on this?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X