Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

08 Boys

OK, OK, we got some crazies posting on the Timbers Discovery Program thread.... Several proving that 08 parents may be a deranged as the 05's. Come on 08's let's show our true colors.

Who are the top teams (in your opinion) Best coaches (again your opinion) and who are the top players (positions) on each team? Lets get down and dirty boys and girls... Covid has us all pent up let's let it all go.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OK, OK, we got some crazies posting on the Timbers Discovery Program thread.... Several proving that 08 parents may be a deranged as the 05's. Come on 08's let's show our true colors.

Who are the top teams (in your opinion) Best coaches (again your opinion) and who are the top players (positions) on each team? Lets get down and dirty boys and girls... Covid has us all pent up let's let it all go.
    Top teams-
    1. Westside
    2. ETFC
    3. OPFC
    4. ADF

Top Coaches- only know ours
    Top players- only really know ours. Some kids we played against looked better than ours and some didn't.

Comment

Top teams-
      1. Westside
      2. ETFC
      3. OPFC
      4. ADF

Top Coaches- only know ours
      Top players- only really know ours. Some kids we played against looked better than ours and some didn't.
      Dude, Westside is trash minus a player or two. ETFC was hot in spring ball but terrible in Fall. OPFC has no offense at all. ADF is #1 and all the rest are two steps down.

Comment

Dude, Westside is trash minus a player or two. ETFC was hot in spring ball but terrible in Fall. OPFC has no offense at all. ADF is #1 and all the rest are two steps down.
        ADF has 1 win against FCSC in their last 3 games. FCSC had a lousy Spring, but you may want to slightly rethink that last statement.

Comment

You're all talking about U12s.

Physical development matters a LOT. I can think of one club (I won't say which one) who has a very skilled centerback who is built like a tank, and basically can carry the ball to the other team's goal any time he wants to, running through any defender who tries to stop him. While this player is good with the ball--and isn't simply a case of size compensating for skill--in a couple years, he probably won't be the biggest strongest kid on the field.

So relax y'all.

Comment

ADF has 1 win against FCSC in their last 3 games. FCSC had a lousy Spring, but you may want to slightly rethink that last statement.
            As usual FCSC imploded. Coach is gone and the team is disbanding.

Comment

The top 08’s aren’t seen by most of you. They are playing up with the 07’s.

Comment

As usual FCSC imploded. Coach is gone and the team is disbanding.
                Team is disbanding? Hadn't heard that yet. Would like to know since our boy is actually on that team.

Comment

Team is disbanding? Hadn't heard that yet. Would like to know since our boy is actually on that team.
                  Announcements and predictions concerning the imminent doom of FC Salmon Creek are a regular feature here on TS.

Comment

Announcements and predictions concerning the imminent doom of FC Salmon Creek are a regular feature here on TS.
                    Gotcha. Coach is moving to Hawaii. The new coach seems capable enough. But, I'm guessing the transition affected the play this Spring season. They are, after all, 11 & 12 year old boys. After a while, the losses got to be tough to overcome for them this Spring. Lots of talent there too, but they aren't the biggest players on the field either (which does make a difference at this age). But, we'll see what's what whenever we get back to playing. Lots can change in these months. But, to my knowledge, we've lost only 1 player (a bench player). Don't know of any actually committing to whatever TA is offering.

Comment

Gotcha. Coach is moving to Hawaii. The new coach seems capable enough. But, I'm guessing the transition affected the play this Spring season. They are, after all, 11 & 12 year old boys. After a while, the losses got to be tough to overcome for them this Spring. Lots of talent there too, but they aren't the biggest players on the field either (which does make a difference at this age). But, we'll see what's what whenever we get back to playing. Lots can change in these months. But, to my knowledge, we've lost only 1 player (a bench player). Don't know of any actually committing to whatever TA is offering.
                      Generally, WashT conducts themselves well as a club. But there are a few overzealous honks here that seem eager to poach talent from FCSC, and "Salmon Creek is going under" seems to be a common accusation. That said, if FCSC survived the embezzlement scandal a few years ago (a club treasurer stole tens of thousands of dollars of club funds), it will be fine.

Comment

TA is waiting for MLS guidance. All the kids were told to try out for their home club- I talked with TA coaches Saturday.

Comment

TA is waiting for MLS guidance. All the kids were told to try out for their home club- I talked with TA coaches Saturday.
                          Wrong-- the TA discovery staff evaluators said no such thing about our kids trying out with their former home clubs. We like many discovery attendees are looking at other strong local clubs to join for next year and have registered with them for tryouts or placement eventually. We are not interested in returning to our former community club going forward, where do you come up with your BS? Specifically making a claim that TA discovery staff observers are now telling us to stay and tryout with 'x' club, seriously you need to stop your foolish posts. It's not fair to the TA staffers and it's pure nonsense.

Comment

Wrong-- the TA discovery staff evaluators said no such thing about our kids trying out with their former home clubs. We like many discovery attendees are looking at other strong local clubs to join for next year and have registered with them for tryouts or placement eventually. We are not interested in returning to our former community club going forward, where do you come up with your BS? Specifically making a claim that TA discovery staff observers are now telling us to stay and tryout with 'x' club, seriously you need to stop your foolish posts. It's not fair to the TA staffers and it's pure nonsense.
                            You'r a clown. Who was on your call? I know who was calling people- do you? Likely not. Most kids there were on the elite local clubs last year and not a "community team" lol. Your kids on a community team? Dude, thats really funny.

I'll clarify- the TA coaching staff asked for our child to start back with his ELITE team and that they would stay in contact with the club, us and others as MLS develops the plan moving forward.

Comment

You'r a clown. Who was on your call? I know who was calling people- do you? Likely not. Most kids there were on the elite local clubs last year and not a "community team" lol. Your kids on a community team? Dude, thats really funny.

I'll clarify- the TA coaching staff asked for our child to start back with his ELITE team and that they would stay in contact with the club, us and others as MLS develops the plan moving forward.

Mac and Pachuca are local community clubs that supplied discovery attendees. Stop being a D Bag..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X