Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Think of a playground atmosphere with free play scrimmages & recess monitors to oversee the action, after a month or so the monitors tell the not so hot ones it's time to go back to your club full time. They then invite a new batch of early developers into this recess soccer format called discovery. Not really sure if the title is geared for the youth TA coaches or the kiddos. Let's be honest having 2 extra recesses a week of free play outdoors, even if it's just for a month or 2 is still fun. This is what you creating work for the monitors since the parent club only has u15, u17 & u19 side outside of some PR it produces nada in the long run for the 1st team. What the heck, those at recess get to play the game they love so more.

Unfortunately clueless parents want to extrapolate this type of common occurrence of decent 11 & 12 years playing as a verifiable pathway to the pros....Which is a complete break from reality.

It's great community outreach and brings back the lost art having kids playing for fun without interference.
    We aren’t all clueless. My son got an invite, probably best player in his position at his age (I’ve seen my fair share of soccer, know what my eyes tell me). Better than kids in RTC, could easily play up, and so on. He won’t be pro. Most likely will never make TA. None of that matters. I’m proud of him for who he is; regardless of what happens with Timbers. Simple as that. Most of us are like this too. Think you are the outlier with all your hate and jealousy or whatever it is that leads you to post this stuff. But keep poppin off bro if it makes u feel better.

Comment

We aren’t all clueless. My son got an invite, probably best player in his position at his age (I’ve seen my fair share of soccer, know what my eyes tell me). Better than kids in RTC, could easily play up, and so on. He won’t be pro. Most likely will never make TA. None of that matters. I’m proud of him for who he is; regardless of what happens with Timbers. Simple as that. Most of us are like this too. Think you are the outlier with all your hate and jealousy or whatever it is that leads you to post this stuff. But keep poppin off bro if it makes u feel better.
      Bottom line it's a joke.

Comment

Good on you dad, support your kid and let these ****s spend time hiding from their wife and talking trash about little kids and soccer teams. Most these people have never even been near the Practice facility and it burns them up.

Comment

Bottom line it's a joke.
          Nah bro, you’re the joke. We all know it.

Comment

Nah bro, you’re the joke. We all know it.
            We all laugh at your posts, thanks again for the levity.

Comment

Don't waste your time on the talking-soccer contrarian. He is on every thread as a naysayer in chief. Some call him Little Dick. I just see him as a clown that needs an outlet to feel better about himself. Speaks towards who he is more than anything else. He uses many "voices" from what I read on all of his other threads. A super loser.

Otherwise- I agree with you. The Discovery Program is a neat way for the best kids in the area to train together. We had fun with it last year and my son is looking forward to the training this year heading into next. Although, after ODP, I think he will get into the TA at U15 we also understand that this is for fun, maybe a scholarship but not likely much more than that. We are cool with that.

Expect retorts from the resident retard. It's all good though.

Comment

Don't waste your time on the talking-soccer contrarian. He is on every thread as a naysayer in chief. Some call him Little Dick. I just see him as a clown that needs an outlet to feel better about himself. Speaks towards who he is more than anything else. He uses many "voices" from what I read on all of his other threads. A super loser.

Otherwise- I agree with you. The Discovery Program is a neat way for the best kids in the area to train together. We had fun with it last year and my son is looking forward to the training this year heading into next. Although, after ODP, I think he will get into the TA at U15 we also understand that this is for fun, maybe a scholarship but not likely much more than that. We are cool with that.

Meaningless banter from the forum clowns. Carry on.

Comment

Batman returns. EA, ODP, club zero & 11 & 12 year old kick arounds are all winners. Word on the forum is his alter ego is little dick, we all think he postd as both characters for his jollies.

Comment

Batman returns. EA, ODP, club zero & 11 & 12 year old kick arounds are all winners. Word on the forum is his alter ego is little dick, we all think he postd as both characters for his jollies.
                    Someone needs to relax. Maybe the heat is getting to you?

Comment

Someone needs to relax. Maybe the heat is getting to you?
                      or the rampant useless acronym's and high dollar cost for nothing but nonsense.

Comment

or the rampant useless acronym's and high dollar cost for nothing but nonsense.
                        Then maybe they need to start putting the facts out there and less of the weird attacks.

Comment

When is this kicking off again? Any news on how many were cut from the 08/09 groups? Bet little Johnny's across portlandia had a ruined Xmas due to not making the next phase. Haha.

Comment

Goal for next round is it starting in two weeks. From what I understand most of the 08/09 boys are back with very few cuts from the round that finished in November. The TA figured why cut kids when there are not enough good ones to fill a roster.

Comment

Last practices till May are this week. Till May????

The messaging we get from CDP is crap.

You would think they would go ahead and pick the teams prior to parents signing up for next seasons try outs.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                                Last practices till May are this week. Till May????

The messaging we get from CDP is crap.

You would think they would go ahead and pick the teams prior to parents signing up for next seasons try outs.
                                It doesn’t get better in TA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X