Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    “To see, just so outwardly, someone who is in leadership and educating and interpreting rules and educating the state and leadership within the state having this viewpoint publicly out there is just so frustrating,” Plymale said.

*** is she saying? Perhaps she shouldn’t be educating anyone if she can formalize a sentence properly.

also, I agree with the referee. They don’t card girls enough and it’s fairly common knowledge that the boys game is much more physical than the girls games.

sarah and anyone who disagrees with me has clearly never watched the difference between HS boys and HS girls soccer.

boys soccer is faster, more technical, and physical. It’s why u15 boys teams destroy the womens national team.

sorry if it hurts anyones sensitive ego.
    What does faster, more technical, and more physical have to do with what constitutes a foul and a card? That has absolutely nothing to do with gender.

My kid is fast, technical and physical. Has to be as she is heading to college to play soccer. So my kid should play like a fairy out there? How does that help my kid when she is tackling like she should yet getting fouls called?

So let's be real here. Follow the dagum rules of soccer and don't call a foul unless it's a foul male or female. Just because your kid falls down a lot on contact or doesn't know how to tackle or is so slow that she can't outmaneuvered a turtle isn't my kids fault.

A referee going into a game with that attitude and bias is exactly the problem and the issue. That's sexism and on top of it it means they are not calling the game properly and not allowing "real" soccer to be played.

Comment

What does faster, more technical, and more physical have to do with what constitutes a foul and a card? That has absolutely nothing to do with gender.

My kid is fast, technical and physical. Has to be as she is heading to college to play soccer. So my kid should play like a fairy out there? How does that help my kid when she is tackling like she should yet getting fouls called?

So let's be real here. Follow the dagum rules of soccer and don't call a foul unless it's a foul male or female. Just because your kid falls down a lot on contact or doesn't know how to tackle or is so slow that she can't outmaneuvered a turtle isn't my kids fault.

A referee going into a game with that attitude and bias is exactly the problem and the issue. That's sexism and on top of it it means they are not calling the game properly and not allowing "real" soccer to be played.
      Says a parent who obviously teaches their kid to be a brute on the field. You are the problem. Soccer is not intended to be a game like rugby or American football, yet so many girls go out and crush players on the field to look “aggressive” and “play tough”. The boys don’t play this way. If they did you would see so many fights break out it would be silly.

The ref is absolutely right. More cards need to be used to calm down the ridiculous aggression by some girls who play. It’s such a dumb way to play the game. And Sarah is only making it worse by coming out with this “sexist” comment. Now every male ref in the state of Oregon will be so afraid to pull a card in fear of some Karen in the stands making a claim about them being sexist.

Sarah disappoints me with these comments. She shows that she is no better than all the other woke types that want to claim some type of victimization. Just play the damn game. Girls sports are different than boys sports, and guess what…? That’s cool! It is a different style and some people enjoy the nuance and difference. Quit equating the 2, they are not the same and never will be.
      the refs need to officiate them in different ways. Girls soccer in the US has become a sport that resembles roller derby, and if you enjoy seeing your kid go through serious surgeries and have to be in pain management, keep encouraging this type of BS play. It’s a one-way road to injury and in some cases life altering injury. I have seen some absolutely brutal injuries in my years due to out of control players running through others.

Comment

Alot of facts in what he has to say. A lot of BS too. Fact is the games are different and refs need to stay on top of things. Too many generalizatoins though and when you add in gender and ethnicity you get a little too close to bias and discrimination.

The guy is a bit outdated and should probably be replaced.

Comment

Alot of facts in what he has to say. A lot of BS too. Fact is the games are different and refs need to stay on top of things. Too many generalizatoins though and when you add in gender and ethnicity you get a little too close to bias and discrimination.

The guy is a bit outdated and should probably be replaced.
          Awesome idea! Replace anyone who is “outdated”. Please replace them with some young and incompetent mouth breathers that live in mom’s basement.
          The culture in this country is beyond sickening. Toughen up buttercup, you’re going to need to quick with the way the economy and global conflicts are heading. All you victims are possibly going to see what real oppression looks like.

Gee, I wonder why there is a ref shortage?? Could it be all of you babies are creating a hostile environment?

Sarah Plymale needs to check her ego and realize she is a HS soccer coach, not Megan Rapinoe

Comment

F—k Sarah Plymale. She’s annoying

Loves to make a scene. Go away and let this person do their job…..which he takes seriously trying to protect players from certain injuries due to a big jump in fouls and violent behavior on the field.

Comment

Tone here is awful. Why don't you put your name on this tough internet guy? Listen, I don't agree 100 with her entire statement but if you feel so violent towards her why don't you have the guts to put your name on this? That's what I thought..

Comment

Tone here is awful. Why don't you put your name on this tough internet guy? Listen, I don't agree 100 with her entire statement but if you feel so violent towards her why don't you have the guts to put your name on this? That's what I thought..
                Harry Knuttliker

Comment

Hilarious. You must be a stand-up comedian

Comment

Awesome idea! Replace anyone who is “outdated”. Please replace them with some young and incompetent mouth breathers that live in mom’s basement.
                    The culture in this country is beyond sickening. Toughen up buttercup, you’re going to need to quick with the way the economy and global conflicts are heading. All you victims are possibly going to see what real oppression looks like.

Gee, I wonder why there is a ref shortage?? Could it be all of you babies are creating a hostile environment?

Sarah Plymale needs to check her ego and realize she is a HS soccer coach, not Megan Rapinoe
                    Hey Pat, I'm a ref. And you're an idiot.

Comment

Anyone who watches both knows that refs call contact info girls’ games that they would never call in a boys’ game. I’m talking simple shoulder to shoulder contact or any contact when they go up in the air even if it’s not actually a foul. It slows the game down and it not fair to the girls. There’s a difference between physical play and fouls and too often refs call a foul with any contact that results in a player ending up in the ground. Also I have never seen a fight in girls soccer but I certainly have in boys. I have no idea what this guy means about pulling cards before they start fighting.

Comment

Anyone who watches both knows that refs call contact info girls’ games that they would never call in a boys’ game. I’m talking simple shoulder to shoulder contact or any contact when they go up in the air even if it’s not actually a foul. It slows the game down and it not fair to the girls. There’s a difference between physical play and fouls and too often refs call a foul with any contact that results in a player ending up in the ground. Also I have never seen a fight in girls soccer but I certainly have in boys. I have no idea what this guy means about pulling cards before they start fighting.
                        This ^^^^^

Comment

This ^^^^^
                          Nice! Quote your own post!

Comment

Hey Pat, I'm a ref. And you're an idiot.
                            Who’s Pat?

Comment

How do the playoffs work for girls. Seems like the top three make it from each league and then rankings determine the rest of the bracket? So the three rivers League with 5 teams in the top 15 would get 5 teams in the tournament?

Comment

How do the playoffs work for girls. Seems like the top three make it from each league and then rankings determine the rest of the bracket? So the three rivers League with 5 teams in the top 15 would get 5 teams in the tournament?
                                I think it’s up to each league to determine how their automatic qualifiers are determined.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X