Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP- Canopy for coach’s but not players

I find it amusing, and stupid, that the ODP staff get the canopy and make the players sit in the hot sun. I mean seriously a bunch of grown men just standing still need shade more than teenagers hauling ass on hot turf? They are so out of shape. Give the canopy to the players! I guess a kid will need to collapse in the field first. Portland Timbers- the definition of an organization being reactive instead of proactive! Player safety- NOT!

Gets them ready for college. Many college coaches make the bench players stand in the blazing sun or freezing rain the entire game and cheer on their on field teammates. No joke.

Comment

It was a high of 85 at 5 pm and in the 70s when most kids were trying out calm tf down..

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Gets them ready for college. Many college coaches make the bench players stand in the blazing sun or freezing rain the entire game and cheer on their on field teammates. No joke.
        Reality break.....very few if any oregon odp selections ever make it to play college soccer. The best ones fren make hs teams whichbis cool.

Comment

I find it amusing, and stupid, that the ODP staff get the canopy and make the players sit in the hot sun. I mean seriously a bunch of grown men just standing still need shade more than teenagers hauling ass on hot turf? They are so out of shape. Give the canopy to the players! I guess a kid will need to collapse in the field first. Portland Timbers- the definition of an organization being reactive instead of proactive! Player safety- NOT!
          Hahahahahah. It’s was 84 degrees out today.

You clearly aren’t built for this.

Comment

It was a high of 85 at 5 pm and in the 70s when most kids were trying out calm tf down..
            You realize it is much hotter on turf, right? If it's so cool, why were all the coaches huddled into every square inch of shade under the canopy? For each tryout, after a few minutes, the coach who was supposed to be in the center of the field watching the players bolted to the shade.

Oh I see, bet it was so cool your kid didn't need water, didn't need a break, and didn't break a sweat. Go home. OYSA rec league will start up soon.

Comment

You realize it is much hotter on turf, right? If it's so cool, why were all the coaches huddled into every square inch of shade under the canopy? For each tryout, after a few minutes, the coach who was supposed to be in the center of the field watching the players bolted to the shade.

Oh I see, bet it was so cool your kid didn't need water, didn't need a break, and didn't break a sweat. Go home. OYSA rec league will start up soon.
              Ha. If only you knew who my kid was you would realize how foolish your comments are. Alas.

He is already on the team and still went out and did all the things, he did need water and drank it. he did sweat and is fine, the turf was fine, I’m sorry your kid couldn’t handle mild summer temps but I can see how emotional his mom is so that makes sense .

Comment

Ha. If only you knew who my kid was you would realize how foolish your comments are. Alas.

He is already on the team and still went out and did all the things, he did need water and drank it. he did sweat and is fine, the turf was fine, I’m sorry your kid couldn’t handle mild summer temps but I can see how emotional his mom is so that makes sense .

Tell me you are douche canoe, without saying you are a douche canoe.

I know who your son is. He is the son of a narcissistic ass who is going to be devastated in a few years when his don is considered mediocre and quits soccer. Same as it ever was.

Comment

Based on the other thread I am guessing these were the girls tryouts? Wait, is there still a girls ODP program? With ECNL, GA and whatever else there is I really wonder.

Comment

“If you only knew who my kid was…”

possibly the saddest comment ever on this site. And there have been countless, epically sad posts.

on so many levels this post is ridiculous and sad.

dude….wow

Comment

This. This is the content I'm here for.
                      '
                      Adult male with little man syndrome flexing online about his "superstar" child because he has to live his life through him.

I totally get it man! Soak it in before your son becomes the next "star" to come out of the Oregon ODP program.

Comment

If your kid can’t handle 85 degrees in a tryout your kid is a weakling and likely the reason why he’s a weakling is because you.

sorry, but you probably were never built for this and clearly you are ensuring your kid isn’t either.

keep complaining more how your kid didn’t get shade.

Comment

Maybe they should play in a climate controlled dome

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X