Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Hahahaha so much BS in this is hilarious.

you just proved my point. Case and point. Game set match.

2023s?! You didn’t commit one D1 player from the 2023s! What a joke!

Isn’t it funny that you will spend a year writing BS propaganda on here?

Dont lie. Why are you so desperate?

are you worried that 2005 and so on will be just as bad as the 2004 and 2003 when people realize they don’t need the toxic propaganda?

This poster has no idea what they are talking about. Just spreading lies. I personally know all the commits I listed and the amount of time they have been at the Thorns. Hence I was able to give commitments in detail, even the ones that the Thorns cannot take full credit for were listed.

You can list generic crap, but the facts do not support what this poster is saying for most 2023 commits and younger.

I fully expect another post from this person lying again. The facts for the Thorns 2023 commits and 2024 commits are laid bare. No need to further comment.

Comment

[

Old news. Last I checked they just had 2023s committed to Boston University (D1 upper mid tier), Grand Canyon (D1 Top 100), University of Portland (currently ranked D1 Top 25 in nation), Gonzaga x 2 (D1 Top 100), Denver (D1 Top 100), Oregon State (D1 Top 100), Montana (D1 upper mid tier) and that is just off the top of my head. All but two of these girls has been with the Thorns being developed by the the Thorns for 3+ years. One has been with the Thorns 2 years. One just transferred over from FC Portland, so no credit there. Expected a minimum of 2-5 more 2023 college commits this Fall depending on how things shore up for a few of the remaining players finalizing their choices.

2024s are just starting to come in with commitments, but there looks to be several commitments. University Oregon (D1 top 100), Rutgers (D1 #3 currently in nation) and word on the street is to expect at LEAST 9 more D1 commitments from this class. Reminder** 2024s are later 2005 born players or winter spring summer of 2006 born. ALL these athletes except one 2006 that just transferred from NWE have been on the Thorns for many years, minimum 4+.

I believe NW Elite 2023 class is strong with 3 recruits committed to the University of San Francisco (D1 Top 100), one D2 commit, not sure on their whole class, but this is a good group! Despite all the injuries on NW Elite’s 2024 team, given some good talent on that team, I am assuming they will have a solid group of D1 commits too.

Unsure on other clubs in the area, but it is safe to say…the commenter that said the Thorns are taking credit for other clubs commits… WILL YOU PLEASE LEAVE THE BUILDING ALREADY?!? OLD NEWS. Commits 2023 and forward are nearly all Thorns developed. They have been developing these girls for years despite the DA League creation and dissolution and the School year to Birth year change debacles that rocked the elite youth soccer world. If anything, the 2023 and 2024 Thorns commits should be even more celebrated. They have been through a lot of systemic soccer changes and are reaping the rewards of keeping development as the priority through it all! Birth years after 2006 have it considerably easier, they just don’t know it. And that’s okay. Facts are facts. Watch the Thorns (and hopefully other clubs) homegrown commit list grow!!
      The rewards of title ix vs having exceptional talent as the qualifer.

Comment

This poster has no idea what they are talking about. Just spreading lies. I personally know all the commits I listed and the amount of time they have been at the Thorns. Hence I was able to give commitments in detail, even the ones that the Thorns cannot take full credit for were listed.

You can list generic crap, but the facts do not support what this poster is saying for most 2023 commits and younger.

I fully expect another post from this person lying again. The facts for the Thorns 2023 commits and 2024 commits are laid bare. No need to further comment.
        Except the fact that you buried the 04 and 03 age groups so people to see that you failed them miserably.

Comment

Except the fact that you buried the 04 and 03 age groups so people to see that you failed them miserably.
          Time to move forward poster. Times change. The 2021/2022s (Fall 02s/03/04s) I Never buried. In fact, by virtue of focusing on 2023s and younger, I am simply focused on the years of the present and what is happening now with the club and moving forward. Things were in disarray for so many reasons during the initial years of the Thorns Academy infancy, but based on our experience the club has been developing 2023 and 2024 players and younger successfully. Are there exceptions? I am sure there are, but no more than any other club in the tumultuous youth soccer world. Looking at the clubs youth playing field, the Thorns Academy is on just as a successful path now as compared to other club competition. Maybe more so when you factor in what they can offer elite players— access to trainings with Timbers MLS Next boys (girls are training there currently) and NWSL Thorns professional soccer women (again, some academy players are training with them regularly). Time to bury the hatchet on the mismanagement of the older Thorns age groups that have now graduated. People can hate on a club reverting back to the old reasons, coaching issues, player issues, location, cost, etc. Good times…

Comment

Time to move forward poster. Times change. The 2021/2022s (Fall 02s/03/04s) I Never buried. In fact, by virtue of focusing on 2023s and younger, I am simply focused on the years of the present and what is happening now with the club and moving forward. Things were in disarray for so many reasons during the initial years of the Thorns Academy infancy, but based on our experience the club has been developing 2023 and 2024 players and younger successfully. Are there exceptions? I am sure there are, but no more than any other club in the tumultuous youth soccer world. Looking at the clubs youth playing field, the Thorns Academy is on just as a successful path now as compared to other club competition. Maybe more so when you factor in what they can offer elite players— access to trainings with Timbers MLS Next boys (girls are training there currently) and NWSL Thorns professional soccer women (again, some academy players are training with them regularly). Time to bury the hatchet on the mismanagement of the older Thorns age groups that have now graduated. People can hate on a club reverting back to the old reasons, coaching issues, player issues, location, cost, etc. Good times…
            They sold the same BS for 5 years and it was a joke.

but don’t worry, we ll all listen to you sell the last 2 months like things are better than the last 5 years.

Comment

They sold the same BS for 5 years and it was a joke.

but don’t worry, we ll all listen to you sell the last 2 months like things are better than the last 5 years.
              You do not develop kids in 2 months and get these kinds of commits. Nice try. Don’t confuse operational stability with coaching and development. Just because club management is better now, does not mean when it wasn’t that development was not happening at the younger ages. Given the commit list for players having been at the club for many years, development clearly was happening. It’s just nice now to have development PLUS more stable operations. Win win.

Comment

You do not develop kids in 2 months and get these kinds of commits. Nice try. Don’t confuse operational stability with coaching and development. Just because club management is better now, does not mean when it wasn’t that development was not happening at the younger ages. Given the commit list for players having been at the club for many years, development clearly was happening. It’s just nice now to have development PLUS more stable operations. Win win.
                HA! Don’t confused recruitment with development because it’s pretty clear the “development” at the thorns is a joke.

04 and 03 age groups were not developed clearly and unless you developed fc Portland kids, you don’t get credit for them either. You don’t get credit for NWE kids either. Developed players list keeps getting smaller and smaller. While the list of undeveloped players is already 3-4 years in the works.

stable operations at the thorns? Since when? Still hoping Anita is going to keep her finger in the dam?

5 years of garbage and 2 months of possible optimism….

keep selling smoke and mirrors, you sound desperate to tell everyone that supposedly things are “different”

hahahahahahah

Comment

Why are talking about the Thorns in a thread about Bernie James' legal troubles?

Comment

Why are talking about the Thorns in a thread about Bernie James' legal troubles?
                    Exactly.

Comment

Exactly.
                      Because they can’t help themselves. Have to keep selling or they can’t get successful teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X