Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OYSA Has A New Exec Dir!

So, the OYSA technical director position was posted today to job boards, which is weird because I thought Nelson Larson was currently the TD. I did some digging, and he's going to be the new ED replacing RC.

Are you serious? Did they even bother to interview anyone else? He was the best candidate? Please tell me they did some due diligence and looked around elsewhere and out of state, and didn't just give him the job!

This means uPDX and McNeil, as well as Enquist from PCU will basically be running the leagues now with NL as a puppet. Those are the only clubs he cares about. God this is depressing.

What are your thoughts, and what are the top three things he needs to change about OYSA?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    So, the OYSA technical director position was posted today to job boards, which is weird because I thought Nelson Larson was currently the TD. I did some digging, and he's going to be the new ED replacing RC.

Are you serious? Did they even bother to interview anyone else? He was the best candidate? Please tell me they did some due diligence and looked around elsewhere and out of state, and didn't just give him the job!

This means uPDX and McNeil, as well as Enquist from PCU will basically be running the leagues now with NL as a puppet. Those are the only clubs he cares about. God this is depressing.

What are your thoughts, and what are the top three things he needs to change about OYSA?
    Frankly UPDX and PCU are the only clubs that matter at this point.
    in OYSA at least. Not sure who else will even be relevant in the coming years?

Comment

Your mom's still relevant. Although she may need to tighten up the cootch after I'm done

Comment

Ok?...PCU only had 2 winners or runners up at the State Cup in both boys and girls categories total. United did represent with 8 winners/runners up, so they will definitely matter. I wouldn't discount OPFC with 4 winners/runners up in the boys category and don't sleep on Eastside with 4 winners/runners up in the girls bracket.

Comment

The girls side of oysa is now at a recreational level please don't waste a breath on that. No boys teams or any club matter these days lin the oysa especially at u15 and older, it's simply about bm texting kids in his desperate effort of getting TA castaways to join his travelling clown show with futty and friends. Yawn.

Comment

wait what?????
            I am involved with a non-Timbers club and we were JUST having this conversation on Friday. We were saying it would be nice to have someone who cares about ALL the clubs and not just PCU and United PDX. To be clear, we've got nothing against those clubs, but we know we have no sway in this whatsoever because we aren't one of Nelson's 'big' clubs. Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy if you ever get a call back from him. We're too small to care about apparently.

Comment

aren't OYSA a non-profit. Pretty sure you HAVE to be a little more transparent that that! Who else was being considered?

Comment

wait what?????
                I am involved with a non-Timbers club and we were JUST having this conversation on Friday. We were saying it would be nice to have someone who cares about ALL the clubs and not just PCU and United PDX. To be clear, we've got nothing against those clubs, but we know we have no sway in this whatsoever because we aren't one of Nelson's 'big' clubs. Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy if you ever get a call back from him. We're too small to care about apparently.
                totally agree. He doesn't speak for anyone other than a few clubs. We can't even get a call back on regular info...

Comment

aren't OYSA a non-profit. Pretty sure you HAVE to be a little more transparent that that! Who else was being considered?
                  Ask the board of directors at the next mtg.

Comment

old boys club. and they won't listen to you unless you're an TA club.

Comment

good luck with that. No-one is going to be considered because what if they come in and want to actually listen to ALL clubs. If you ain't in Portland, you don't matter.

Comment

The girls side of oysa is now at a recreational level please don't waste a breath on that. No boys teams or any club matter these days lin the oysa especially at u15 and older, it's simply about bm texting kids in his desperate effort of getting TA castaways to join his travelling clown show with futty and friends. Yawn.
                        you're not wrong there!!

Comment

old boys club. and they won't listen to you unless you're an TA club.
                          So...Eugene, Bend, Eastside, Washington and Idaho? CFC and Westide have dropped out. Expect a couple more in the next month.

Comment

So...Eugene, Bend, Eastside, Washington and Idaho? CFC and Westide have dropped out. Expect a couple more in the next month.
                            pretty much. If you aren't a big club he doesn't care about you. Great opportunity to change things at the top, but no. I am sure Gavin picked him. Contract coming up and all!

Comment

good luck with that. No-one is going to be considered because what if they come in and want to actually listen to ALL clubs. If you ain't in Portland, you don't matter.
                              oh, Hi Bend FC !!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X