Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    As a former president of the United States I can tell you that Bend Timbers is sunk regardless and you can blame their board for that.
    Bend soccer is sunk! Microcosm of what they did to Portland soccer. Focus is on money and soccer bums, versus developing athletes. This always results in s h i t soccer and angry parents.

have fun with this mess. Like Amber Heard you all s h i t in the bed, now go ahead and sleep in it

Comment

Any updates on this? Can't find anything new in the media? Did they settle?

Comment

Bend will never settle

Comment

Currently attorneys are piling up their fees. I looked at the docket. Quite a bit going on, but not sure that there is any settlement on the horizon. Next hearing is in the fall. If it gets to a trial, I doubt that will be before spring of 2023.

Comment

It appears that now Bilanski has filed a Tort lawsuit against Bend FC and a former board member.

This is sad, I think it is time to purge the system and start over.

Comment

What is a tort lawsuit ?

Comment

She's saying she was wronged by Bend FC and the board member and she wants them to pay her money to make up for it, so she is suing them.

Comment

I loved playing soccer when I was a youngster. Its time for adults to grow up and think about the kids.

Comment

Some (civil) lawsuits do not allege wrongdoing and merely seek economic damages. Others allege "torts" (acts of wrongdong) which, if proven at trial, would entitle the plaintiff to punitive damages.

Since BTFC has sued Bilanski (also alleging torts, as well as criminal behavior, which the Deschutes County sheriff is also investigating), this sounds like a countersuit.

Without seeing the complaint, I've know idea if there are any allegations of substance or this is just legal bargaining.

Comment

Some (civil) lawsuits do not allege wrongdoing and merely seek economic damages. Others allege "torts" (acts of wrongdong) which, if proven at trial, would entitle the plaintiff to punitive damages.

Since BTFC has sued Bilanski (also alleging torts, as well as criminal behavior, which the Deschutes County sheriff is also investigating), this sounds like a countersuit.

Without seeing the complaint, I've know idea if there are any allegations of substance or this is just legal bargaining.
                      Omg. Bend soccer, please get a grip and let that coach go in peace and start a new club. No need to ruin bend youth soccer for these politics.

Comment

Omg. Bend soccer, please get a grip and let that coach go in peace and start a new club. No need to ruin bend youth soccer for these politics.
                        I was just explaining "tort".

Have nothing to do with either BTFC or Bilanski.

If the allegations are true:

* Bilanski should be banned by OYSA.
                        * Regardless of whether Bilanski is guilty or not, if dissatisfied parents want to start a rival club, they should be able to. So long as Bilanski or anyone else who might have taken materials from BTFC is involved, there is no reason OYSA should deny their application.
                        * However, they will need to start with a clean slate. No player lists or other such material that might have been stolen from BTFC. New club will need to do (or pay for) it's own market research. This is Business 101.

Comment

Is not involved, I mean.

Comment

The latest in this little drama is this tidbit posted to the Bend FC website:

https://www.bendfctimbers.com/Defaul...88&newskeyid=H N1&newsid=434630&ctl=newsdetail

It's not clear whether the "data breach" is simply "our former coach stole your data from us" or "our former coach stole your data from us, was careless with it, and now hackers have it", but the insinuation seems to be the latter.

And as suspected previously, Bilanksi's countersuit is essentially that the public accusations against her constitute libel and defamation of character. In general, you cannot be sued for libel for allegations made in a legal filing (even if the primary plaintiff were to lose; they have the right to try their case in the courts), but a plaintiff who "goes public" with such allegations risks being counter-sued if the defendant wins the original suit. (If the defendant loses and the allegations are found to be true by a court of law--truth is a defense to a libel charge, and the defendant will likely lose the counter-suit as well).

BTFC either have a rock-solid case, or bad lawyers (or foolish management), given the amount of public squawking they have been doing. Most attorneys will tell you that in public, the only answer correct is "no comment", and any and all accusations should be limited to the legal pleadings and drafted by the lawyers.

Comment

https://www.recordpatriot.com/news/a...f-17510117.php

Comment

This!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X