Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New family to the area

Can someone explain soccer chance academy? Have an 09 Boy and here kids play in Seattle?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Can someone explain soccer chance academy? Have an 09 Boy and here kids play in Seattle?
    hear not here... Sorry, I'm not from Arkansas I promise.

Comment

Soccer Chance academy is a club a little different than the others and yes mostly travels to Seattle to play. There are other boys clubs that play locally.

Comment

Tell me it’s a fake post without telling me it’s a fake post.

Comment

They’ll probably convince you that your son is a budding superstar and needs to play up to 07 instead of joining a club that actually can support advanced players.

Comment

SCA definitely has some top notch development coaching for this age, BUT yes because they are a for profit entity the are not allowed to play in Oregon. This is the reason for playing in Washington This constraint is ridiculous. There is just one other state in the country that has this constraint.

Comment

Tell me it’s a fake post without telling me it’s a fake post.
              So let me get this straight. Someone asks a fake question so that they can answer their own question and sell their club or team? That seems pretty transparent. Does it ever work?

Comment

So let me get this straight. Someone asks a fake question so that they can answer their own question and sell their club or team? That seems pretty transparent. Does it ever work?
                nope. it never works.

Comment

Actually I'm the OP, question is legit. I thought it strange that kids would travel all the way to Seattle to play games. We moved from the NE, and would never play that far from home.

Comment

Most SCA teams travel to the Seattle area 2 times a season. The rest of the games are in the Portland metro area. Not much different than traveling to Bend, Medford, Eugene, etc in OYSA.

Comment

Most SCA teams travel to the Seattle area 2 times a season. The rest of the games are in the Portland metro area. Not much different than traveling to Bend, Medford, Eugene, etc in OYSA.
                      Actually the majority of SCA’s games are in Spokane. They play in the WPL league. OYSA league is more competitive than WPL. Save yourself time and money and pick a team that can play in OYSA. There definitely isn’t a shortage of teams to choose from in the Portland area.

Comment

OP again... what is the deal with EAL? They travel to ID, western and eastern wa for games?

Comment

OP again... what is the deal with EAL? They travel to ID, western and eastern wa for games?
                          Another fancy shoulder badge that comes with more expensive travel, limited competition, but mostly importantly, higher salaries for coaches and directors.

Also, OYSA is a notch below WPL but it doesn’t matter. The talented teams play ECNL and some in GAL. Anything below that is a C league at best.

Comment

Another fancy shoulder badge that comes with more expensive travel, limited competition, but mostly importantly, higher salaries for coaches and directors.

Also, OYSA is a notch below WPL but it doesn’t matter. The talented teams play ECNL and some in GAL. Anything below that is a C league at best.
                            Why has ECNL played a bigger role in OR?

Comment

Not sure about coaches salary when our yearly club fees did not go up. I think this is likely to be fake news for that reason...... The EAL is lame though. We will not be going back to our club next year as it is costly and so much easier to get beat here locally than to drive/ fly to get beat.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X