There’s a whole new Rhode ahead.

Comment

Details please.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        How about those apples?
        ???????

Comment

Crossfire rebranding and Linus Rhode taking over, Legg getting pushed out. Think that is the message.

Comment

Crossfire rebranding and Linus Rhode taking over, Legg getting pushed out. Think that is the message.
            Hmmm. Is LR bringing his Thorns players over with him? Does this change the overall landscape of ECNL in Oregon in any way?

Comment

Is crossfire taking over the THUSC boys as well?

Comment

Crossfire name left with the fired guy KL....
                In the end the placeholder club has always been THUSC (for xfire brand) and still remains today with the new 'Elite' (lol) slap on sticker.

No matter name it's called it's still the gutted remains of THUSC (Bridge city rapture) and whatever remain from the KL' xfire experiment at THUSC.

Boys don't play competitive soccer at THUSC or NW Elite.

Rec soccer with paid con artists....Elite stuff.

Comment

Hmmm. Is LR bringing his Thorns players over with him? Does this change the overall landscape of ECNL in Oregon in any way?
                  I would say yes ECNL landscape in PDX just changed. Old CU is now a happy fun place more worried about feelings then wining. PDX needs Thorns to get serious about this and decide to put their resources into building champion teams. This area needs a brand that is serious about wining and providing our top players a place to go and group together to play and compete at highest level.

Comment

He's bringing his daughter of course, but no it does not seem like any other significant players are going with him

Comment

Crossfire name left with the fired guy KL....
                      In the end the placeholder club has always been THUSC (for xfire brand) and still remains today with the new 'Elite' (lol) slap on sticker.

No matter name it's called it's still the gutted remains of THUSC (Bridge city rapture) and whatever remain from the KL' xfire experiment at THUSC.

Boys don't play competitive soccer at THUSC or NW Elite.

Rec soccer with paid con artists....Elite stuff.
                      Thusc boys play in the OYSA premier gold..it does not make sense crossfire will only come for a girls program.

Comment

In the last 5 years THUSC/Crossfire United/NWEliteFC Board has run off 3 directors of coaching - all quality coaches that were doing well with the club - maybe the problem isn't the directors of coaching? The one constant is the board - if I am Linus Rhodes I am watching my back.

Comment

Were I Bernie James, I wouldn't want my club's good name associated with this pack of hyenas.

Comment

In the last 5 years THUSC/Crossfire United/NWEliteFC Board has run off 3 directors of coaching - all quality coaches that were doing well with the club - maybe the problem isn't the directors of coaching? The one constant is the board - if I am Linus Rhodes I am watching my back.
                            Totally agree, this pack of trust fund babies and middle management wannabe tycoon's shouldn't command breakfast decisions let alone peoples livelihoods. In a few years most will grow board of this and move onto another group drinking activity.

Shame peoples livelihoods and families take the brunt of this relationship.

Comment

Totally agree, this pack of trust fund babies and middle management wannabe tycoon's shouldn't command breakfast decisions let alone peoples livelihoods. In a few years most will grow board of this and move onto another group drinking activity.

Shame peoples livelihoods and families take the brunt of this relationship.
                              I remember when RH was ridden out on a rail, there were THUSC honks on here actually suggesting that the success of the club was due to the foresight and executive actions of the Board of Directors, not to the quality of the coaching staff, who were mere servants of the Board.

(The correct answer, of course, is "certain coaches are/were good recruiters who managed to amass better players than their rivals at certain age groups". More or less the same is true at any successful club).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X