Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Saw a girl playing in an 08 (premier silver) boys game today.
    Thats allowed in OYSA

Comment

It’s not sexist. Rather, the contrary. Would you care if a super talented boy wanted to play on a girls team? She is asking to play U13 PSPL; if level of play was the true motivation she could play for an ECNL or GA Club or even up a year. SCA is a revenue generating for-profit entity and doesn’t have a 2008 or 2007 team for her to play up on so they have convinced these parents that their superstar has to play with boys so they don’t lose her club dues to a club with an appropriate level of competition. She is a good player but she would be average on the Washington XF or Seattle United G09 ECNL teams.
      this is 100% correct

Comment

Update?

Comment

Update?
          No update that I have heard. The rules are still the rules. She normally plays with a GHS team so I imagine the issue goes away in a couple weeks. Or pspl just kicks SCA out and they can find a place to play in the spring. There’s no way the small amount of teams/revenue they generate for the league are worth it.

Comment

She played with the 07 boys team this week. They aren’t in the top PSPL league so no one cares.

Her normal 06 girls high school team should be starting up shortly so she’s back to playing there I imagine!

Comment

I’m sure mom is thoroughly disappointed that everyone just agreed they should follow the rules.

Comment

[QUOTE=Guest;n4246467]

It's ride with problems, exceptions and issues because it's a dumb. SCA and their family are exploiting this girl. It's gross.

-Sorry you feel that way. Every child is different as is their journey and what’s best for them. SCA had nothing to do with this. I just wanted to do what was best for my daughter. As I’m sure any parent would.

Serretta

Comment

I think multi sport athletes are the best. How about taking up swimming too? (OK, somewhere there is joke in this but you have to figure out the punch line)

Comment

I’m sure mom is thoroughly disappointed that everyone just agreed they should follow the rules.
                    Not disappointed. Just wanted to create more opportunities. The rule actually was changed. I hate that I had to take it public in the first place. Ready to go back to being anonymous and hiding on the sidelines.

-Serretta

Comment

Update?
                      The rule has been changed! Thankful to all those who helped make this happen!

-Serretta

Comment

No update that I have heard. The rules are still the rules. She normally plays with a GHS team so I imagine the issue goes away in a couple weeks. Or pspl just kicks SCA out and they can find a place to play in the spring. There’s no way the small amount of teams/revenue they generate for the league are worth it.
                        The rule was changed. She wasn’t the only child who wanted this change to happen. We were just the only ones willing to take it public and take the hit for it. Worth it.
                        -Serretta

Comment

I don’t see why it’s an issue for her to play in a boys league

But yet again SCA is caught trying to skirt the rules. Maybe they need to spend more time following and less time figure out ways to milk parents of their money
                          We have loved SCA and honestly this for profit club has done way more for us than a nonprofit ever has. We get refunded for canceled events or practices. That never happened when my daughter played for nonprofits. The rule was thankfully changed by the way.
                          -Serretta

Comment

The mom is insane. Go read the comments on the KATU Facebook post.
                            I guess I’ve been called worse. Haha I actually was interacting on the Facebook comments because I was trying to understand each part of the argument. By trying to understand where everyone on each side of the argument is coming from, I can better understand the issue all around. Happy to talk to you about the issue any time.
                            -Serretta

Comment

There’s a reason why FC Dallas BU15 beat the USWNT…of course I’m sure that SCA has these poor parents convinced that their daughter is a shoe in for the NT in the future. They’ve already referenced a generational talent like OM so, the KoolAid must be strong.
                              OM’s Parents were super helpful in helping me understand the rules and how they’ve changed over the past years. Would never make a comparison of my daughter to her. OM Is incredible and will for sure be a national team player one day. Would never put that kind of pressure on my daughter. It was more the principle of the entire thing. But I get how you could interpret it that way.

-Serretta

Comment

Six posts in a row…definitely not a crazy soccer parent

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X