Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCA Petition

What’s the deal with this parent lobbying to allow her daughter to be able to attend pay on a boys team? Did SCA not understand or read the league rules when they joined WPL 4 months ago?

When rules are sexist they need to change. Curious why you would care if a super talented girls played in the boys league?

Comment

Why is it sexist?

What benefit does it provide? Why can't she play up on the girls side if she is so good?

If my u10 son can make a u13 girls team should that be where he goes?

It's a distraction
      It's a gimmick
      It doesn't benefit the girl

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Why is it sexist?

What benefit does it provide? Why can't she play up on the girls side if she is so good?

If my u10 son can make a u13 girls team should that be where he goes?

It's a distraction
        It's a gimmick
        It doesn't benefit the girl
        You, sir, are a moron. Try doing just a modicum of research as to why this might benefit girls that play at a high level. You are showing your small-minded sexism here through and through. For starters, try here: https://girlssoccernetwork.com/do-gi...cer-with-boys/ and here: https://playerdevelopmentproject.com...in-boys-teams/

You obviously don't know this player or the specific reasons why the player's parents and coaches have decided this is the best path forward for THIS player. It doesn't affect you in any way, so why do you care?

PS. I have no dog in this fight. My kid plays on age level and same gender without issue and is plenty challenged. But I have seen seriously talented girls (including this one from SCA - not my club) that absolutely benefit from the faster pace of play with boys.

Comment

When rules are sexist they need to change. Curious why you would care if a super talented girls played in the boys league?
          It’s not sexist. Rather, the contrary. Would you care if a super talented boy wanted to play on a girls team? She is asking to play U13 PSPL; if level of play was the true motivation she could play for an ECNL or GA Club or even up a year. SCA is a revenue generating for-profit entity and doesn’t have a 2008 or 2007 team for her to play up on so they have convinced these parents that their superstar has to play with boys so they don’t lose her club dues to a club with an appropriate level of competition. She is a good player but she would be average on the Washington XF or Seattle United G09 ECNL teams.

Comment

You, sir, are a moron. Try doing just a modicum of research as to why this might benefit girls that play at a high level. You are showing your small-minded sexism here through and through. For starters, try here: https://girlssoccernetwork.com/do-gi...cer-with-boys/ and here: https://playerdevelopmentproject.com...in-boys-teams/

You obviously don't know this player or the specific reasons why the player's parents and coaches have decided this is the best path forward for THIS player. It doesn't affect you in any way, so why do you care?

PS. I have no dog in this fight. My kid plays on age level and same gender without issue and is plenty challenged. But I have seen seriously talented girls (including this one from SCA - not my club) that absolutely benefit from the faster pace of play with boys.
            You are an idiot. Nothing in the PSPL should be considered a “high level.”

Comment

While I appreciate you calling me a moron, it only shows your lack of intelligence.

The “it doesn't affect you, why do you care” argument is tired. This is a message board to share opinions.

The only thing you got right is that I do not know the parents specific reasons. What are they?

No doubt it benefits females to play for males. Let's get rid of gender teams and just make them all gender neutral. Why should this girl be the only one? Do you think most “A” team girls couldn't make a boys “C” team? Why should this girl be the only one to benefit?

Comment

Gimmick

Comment

Sorry to provide another insight, but if the female player is playing on a boys' team so she can "experience a faster level of play", how does that impact the boys who now have to deal with a player who may not be able to keep of the speed of play and is female and possibly providing a distraction. I think, sometimes, while looking out for the "rights of the individual" we forget how there is sometimes a negative impact on the collective good. I'm not saying a female on the boys team is always wrong, just that it's not likely a discrimination/sexist issue when the opportunity to play gender specific exists.

If we want to get to a gender-neutral program, then I think a fully integrated co-ed program would be the answer, but I'm pretty sure, at least above U14, the teams would be (at least a pretty high percentage) male. Then there would be a call for having a minimum (arbitrary) number of female players on the field at a time (much like adult co-ed teams).

This issue is rife with problems, exception and issues.

Comment

You provided a clear insight to the kind of person you are when you said “and possibly providing a distraction”.

Comment

WPL rules are very clear that a player must play on their own gender. If SCA didn’t read the rules and explain them to this problem when they joined WPL less than 6 months ago then too bad. Gender-neutral teams would be the beginning of the end for women’s sports.

Comment

You provided a clear insight to the kind of person you are when you said “and possibly providing a distraction”.
                        Explain. What kind of person am I that believes 13 year old boys would be distracted by a 13 year old girl?

Comment

WPL rules are very clear that a player must play on their own gender. If SCA didn’t read the rules and explain them to this problem when they joined WPL less than 6 months ago then too bad. Gender-neutral teams would be the beginning of the end for women’s sports.
                          Gender neutral team's are the only solution based on the argument that this is beneficial for the development of female soccer players. Shouldn't all girls be given an equal opportunity?

Comment

Sorry to provide another insight, but if the female player is playing on a boys' team so she can "experience a faster level of play", how does that impact the boys who now have to deal with a player who may not be able to keep of the speed of play and is female and possibly providing a distraction. I think, sometimes, while looking out for the "rights of the individual" we forget how there is sometimes a negative impact on the collective good. I'm not saying a female on the boys team is always wrong, just that it's not likely a discrimination/sexist issue when the opportunity to play gender specific exists.

If we want to get to a gender-neutral program, then I think a fully integrated co-ed program would be the answer, but I'm pretty sure, at least above U14, the teams would be (at least a pretty high percentage) male. Then there would be a call for having a minimum (arbitrary) number of female players on the field at a time (much like adult co-ed teams).

This issue is rife with problems, exception and issues.
                            It's ride with problems, exceptions and issues because it's a dumb. SCA and their family are exploiting this girl. It's gross.

Comment

This is not a SCA supported move hence no statement from the club. I think you'll find this is parent driven. The little girl concerned is very talented however. Not sure there is the need for the aggression shown towards her playing. But you online community do tend to get excited.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X