X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shockwaves at Bend FC Timbers

https://www.change.org/p/bfct-club-m...-to-resign-now

WOW...that is great the change is looking to happen.

Comment

Shockwaves? Wow maybe your taking this youth soccer thing a little to serious….

Comment

I have no idea what this petition is all about, but you do know that simply starting a change.org petition by itself is not a big deal?

If the Board resigned, or granted the unhappy faction some concessions, that might be another matter.

As to the complaints in one of the feedback letters?

* Who is Tara, and why was she separated from the club?
        * Why aren't the players on the field? Covid related? No other clubs are in lockdown, even if some have tightened up their practice protocols with the increase in cases due to Delta.

Comment

This sounds like coaches wanting board seats… not a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            This sounds like coaches wanting board seats… not a great idea.
            Couldn’t be worse then parents on board.

Comment

Adults suck.

Comment

Couldn’t be worse then parents on board.
                Parents aren’t getting paid by the club. Coaches with board seats have too much to gain and aren’t representing the kids or the parents. They primarily represent their own self preservation- and that secondarily includes the greater club.

Comment

Hopefully, they can work out their differences. Bend FC runs a good program. They will always struggle a bit to compete at the top levels due to their geographic isolation and limited player pool. The coaches can only do so much.

Comment

Agree, but this looks like a play by the coaches to gain control. Leave it in the hands of the families that are paying

Comment

Parents aren’t getting paid by the club. Coaches with board seats have too much to gain and aren’t representing the kids or the parents. They primarily represent their own self preservation- and that secondarily includes the greater club.
                      I have no dog in this fight. But, OYSA has a rule that caps the number of coaches that can sit on an OYSA member board.

Comment

LMFAO it doesn't' get any better. Allegedly 80k is missing, lawsuit filed, probably more to come and of course the fired director has started her own club. My .02 cents: 80k over over 6 years is much embezzled and especially if the treasure has her back - good luck. Bend Timbers does have itself a neat little training facility next to the city park so I give props to the people that made that happen.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/20...paign=oregonia n_sf&utm_source=twitter

Comment

LMFAO it doesn't' get any better. Allegedly 80k is missing, lawsuit filed, probably more to come and of course the fired director has started her own club. My .02 cents: 80k over over 6 years is much embezzled and especially if the treasure has her back - good luck. Bend Timbers does have itself a neat little training facility next to the city park so I give props to the people that made that happen.

Grifters gotta grift!

Comment

She is the one that orchestrated the new fields. Timbers brought in people from Portland (McCool) to take over. It’s my understanding that the majority of parents liked her more than the board. This is a hit piece orchestrated by Timber org to once again block any competition. They want a full monopoly at OYSA and they will kill any startup that comes in.

Comment

No dog in this fight but I wouldn’t jump to conclusions so fast. Any whiny or unhappy parent can file a lawsuit. The world of youth pay to play soccer is full of helicopter parents who will do anything to get their way for their precious child. That’s human nature. All the drama and scandals I’ve seen over the years have always started with a power hungry, whiny or unhappy parent, who will do anything to help their child. Including getting coaches fired for trumped up reasons, paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy their way onto a college team or less but lots of money to buy privates or other means of buying their way onto club A teams and starting lineups, getting on boards so they can favor their child, etc. These wealthy parents have all the power over the soccer coaches and have ruined many a team, coach or even entire clubs. My guess is that’s the case here. Filing a lawsuit to not allow someone they don’t like to leave and start their own club sounds petty and very much like parents scorned or on a power trip. The bad coaches I’ve encountered over the years (and there were many to varying degrees)were always because they were being influenced by parents acting as puppeteers. The parents have all the power because they pay the coach’s salary. The unequal power structure is set by the fact that there would be no club without paying parents. MY two cents: dig deeper into parental complaints and unhappiness before any of this went down. My guess is there is parental kindling behind this story of fire.

No, I’m not a coach. I’m a parent whose children have been hurt and treated unfairly over and over due to other parents trying to run the show and having influence over coaches and clubs. At first it seems like it’s obviously the coach, but digging deeper always found a parent at the root of what the coach was doing.It’s those kinds of parents who are ruining club soccer for everyone and might well be behind this lawsuit. I don’t know what happened in Bend but jumping to conclusions has unjustly ruined many peoples lives.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X