• Show
Clear All

SoCal Soccer Forum

Try this one: http://www.esoccertalk.net/forums

Same?

This seems to be the same forum as the new http://www.soccermojo.com

Comment

I dont belive it

take a look at all the user names who signed up on the boards member list on Aug 17

Its a whose who in So cal Soccer.

I dont believe it!

http://soccerforums.us/forums/memberlis ... 4604dcb218

Comment

There is a reason

This is because all these people participate in restricted forums that are only for registered teams in certain high-level leagues.

Comment

or we are being scammed

Comment

Hi. I'm military, relocating from Virginia to San Diego in three months. I've searched online to get some insight into California ODP. It appears NorCal and SoCal each has its ODP tryout system. Does each submit candidates for tryouts for the California state ODP team? How does the process work? Thank you in advance for sharing any information.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              Hi. I'm military, relocating from Virginia to San Diego in three months. I've searched online to get some insight into California ODP. It appears NorCal and SoCal each has its ODP tryout system. Does each submit candidates for tryouts for the California state ODP team? How does the process work? Thank you in advance for sharing any information.
              Just follow the Cal South website for ODP tryout information however I am not sure what time of year Cal South host tryouts. Cal North ODP tryout registration is currently open.

Comment

The Socal Soccer Forum website has been down of almost a week.

Comment

Cal South doesn't hold open tryouts for ODP. It's invite only to the tryouts. They primarily rely on scouting National Cup for the Spring/Summer pool and then players who made the Spring/Summer Pool's final 32 + coach recommendations make up the bulk of the Winter pool. The "tryouts" occur when you make those pools and they start whittling down from there. As a result, no one can just walk up and try out.

Comment

The Socal Soccer Forum website has been down of almost a week.
                    I've noticed that too. It coincides with the excessive heat warnings, but I don't know if it's at all related (there are some buildings that are shut down given the flex alerts, so I suppose it's possible that involves shutting down servers, but seems unlikely).

Comment

Did the SoCalSoccer Forum close for good ?
                      Seems the Forum became ultra Liberal as of late.

Comment

Did the SoCalSoccer Forum close for good ?
                        Seems the Forum became ultra Liberal as of late.
                        I didn't notice it going liberal, but there is no doubt it got far more political (both sides) lately. That was the saving grace for that forum - especially compared to this one.
                        So I guess this will be the new place for southern cal soccer talk?

Comment

A strictly one sided conversation is what developed.
                          Was still a forum that had freedom of speech/posting.
                          That was a plus in an increasingly regulated market.
                          The site was full of useful insights/info.
                          Have you or anyone else heard what happened, it was
                          quite abrupt of a take down.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Abrupt indeed. Hoping more participants from the sight migrate here and perhaps could shed some light.

Comment

Hopefully the site is only down temporarily. The site was very resourceful and unfortunately it’s been down since Blues Cup and now the start of ECNL/RL and GA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X