Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State ODP teams?

Moving to San Diego in four months. I noticed Cal South and Cal North. Each, it appears, has its own ODP., and player pools. How is the California state ODP team selected? Thanks in advance.

This discussion board has little activity for Calif. Try socalsoccer.com
    There was a discussion about this topic a couple months ago, but I'm sure someone would be willing to answer again. And people are WAAAAAY nicer there!

Comment

Also, lots of socal ODP parents on there

Comment

I appreciate the response. Thank you.

Comment

Now that Socalsoccer.com is down I happened to come across this site in my search of filling an empty void. In response to the original post Cal South forms ODP pools every winter and summer...usually by scouting State or National Cup games or by club director recommendations. With the split of SOCAL from Cal South there is now PDP (US Club Soccer) and ODP (US Youth Soccer). PDP is run by SOCAL in Southern Cal so non-SOCAL team players will not be considered. And same applies with ODP run by Cal South...they will scout mainly Cal South teams (although the older pools may have both USYS and US Club Soccer that were formed prior to split). Selections are somewhat hit or miss...good players will be missed and some not-so-good players will be selected.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X