X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Soccer Reco Charlotte

Hello,

I am moving to Charlotte and looking for a good youth program for my kids. I am looking to live North either in Davidson or Huntersville. In looking online it seems CISC and CSA are great programs. What is the difference between them? Pros/Cons? My kids are currently on a Pre-ECNL team where we are moving from and hoping they can continue their development. Thanks!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,

I am moving to Charlotte and looking for a good youth program for my kids. I am looking to live North either in Davidson or Huntersville. In looking online it seems CISC and CSA are great programs. What is the difference between them? Pros/Cons? My kids are currently on a Pre-ECNL team where we are moving from and hoping they can continue their development. Thanks!
    Welcome to Charlotte. Many factors to consider when selecting where you'll end up. CSA had kind of been the big bully club for years, gradually absorbing smaller clubs along the way and eliminating most of the competition. Last year three moderately sized clubs (Lake Norman, Discoveries, and Rapids) merged to form a very large Charlotte Independence club which had ECNL for girls and DA for boys. CSA had DA for both girls and boys as well as ECNL for boys only. I don't really know how well Independence did this year, hopefully a parent from that club can speak up and offer an insight. I have heard mixed results though.
    CSA has just lost the DA, but was fortunate to get right into ECNL. If you are in the north by Huntersville/Davidson there are options for both. CSA has a Huntersville division CSA North. The problem is that CSA's premier girls teams practice and play in Pineville, so if your children end up playing ECNL they will have to do so by traveling four days a week for practice and games on the weekend. Many committed families do it, but it means a lot of traffic and time in the car. You may want to consider starting at CSA North and if your kids are talented, CSA will push to have you move them down south.
    The Independence top ECNL's practice in Huntersville, so right now that's geographically a better option for you.
    BIAS ALERT: With both programs in ECNL this year you should be able to see which program is stronger, but the sense I get is that CSA historically has the stronger program top to bottom. Certainly there are exceptions and my viewpoint is more based on girls than boys, but considering stability, leadership, college exposure and acceptances it's CSA.
    No program is perfect. Inevitably there is always issues with cost/value, communication, quality of coaching/personalities etc.
    Hope that helps. Feel free to ask questions of anything I missed. Again, all opinion based but I have had kids at CSA for about 10 years while Independence is less than a year old.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for such a thoughtful and thorough response. Your feedback is very helpful. I have noticed it is much easier to get info on CSA since CISA is so new. It seems CISA he a strong season in the DA and their facilities seems very nice up North. Like you said if I look at the long term and my kids were fortunate enough to make a top team on CSA we would have to go to Pineville versus where CISA stays in Huntersville/Davidson.

It seems like you can’t go wrong but I think your point on CSA being around so long and I talked to a coach there and watched a practice before the virus halted everything. The coaches seem long tenured which is nice to have that stability. I’m leaning that way but would be nice to hear from any CISA parents, like you said to get their perspective on if they are happy at the club, if the teams are competitive, and if they like the coaches.

Comment

We've had experience in both CSA and CISC. Stay away from CSA, only concerned with their top teams and view smaller teams as a paycheck. Their building a nice, beautiful headquarter building at their South facility payed for by players fees.

Comment

We've had experience in both CSA and CISC. Stay away from CSA, only concerned with their top teams and view smaller teams as a paycheck. They're building a nice, beautiful headquarter building at their South facility payed for by players fees.

Comment

We've had experience in both CSA and CISC. Stay away from CSA, only concerned with their top teams and view smaller teams as a paycheck. They're building a nice, beautiful headquarter building at their South facility payed for by players fees.
            Agreed. If your kid is not on one of the top two teams at CSA, you're just as well, or better off choosing whatever club is most convenient to your location. Some parents can throw money at CSA so their kids can stay on team 4 or 5 every year with their friends from last year, but if cost is a factor get away from CSA as soon as you can. I can't disparage all of the coaches we have had. In fact most have been good, but recognize early on where CSA sees your kid and make your decision accordingly.

Comment

Agreed. If your kid is not on one of the top two teams at CSA, you're just as well, or better off choosing whatever club is most convenient to your location. Some parents can throw money at CSA so their kids can stay on team 4 or 5 every year with their friends from last year, but if cost is a factor get away from CSA as soon as you can. I can't disparage all of the coaches we have had. In fact most have been good, but recognize early on where CSA sees your kid and make your decision accordingly.
              Thank you. Based on these comments it seems like if you are on a top team either club is great although CSA means going down south but to a new nice facility. But if you are not on a top club CISC seems to give more attention to their other teams as well. I did not think CSA would be more costly, I thought they were the same or CISC a little more expensive. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it and please keep it coming!

Comment

Prepare for the unimaginable. See the 100 Principles manual and dig in. Become irreplaceable at https://lnkd.in/enfDJ43

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X